Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • children sleeping on foam mattresses – good idea ? bad idea ?
  • unfitgeezer
    Free Member

As it says in the title !

Isn’t foam quite hot to sleep on ? Srings on a mattress gotta be better ?

I’m not talking memory foam just plain old foam IKEA style ! (£79 for a single)

tinribz
    Free Member

I thought everyone in Europe except the UK have foam ones generally.

donks
    Free Member

Have the single ikea foam mattresses for both my kids and they,re well worth the money.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    hammyuk
    Free Member

Same here – we’ve just been “conditioned” in this country for years that “the more springs the better”.
    We have the ikea ones on our bed as well as the kids – just ours has the swanky electric adjusters 😀

coffeeking
    Free Member

Got a mem foam one ourselves and can’t say i notice any difference to a spring one other than its comfier and i cant feel a thing when the missus gets up in the night. unlike the spring one where every bloody movement transfers across.

Tracker1972
    Free Member

If you are worried about it being hot then put less on top of them? Aren’t most carry cot mattresses foam as well, so unless you then went for a sprung cot mattress (something we were advised was pretty pointless as they aren’t on it there long, and the advice is to replace them for subsequent kids, by every baby shop we asked in) they are simply staying on foam mattresses. Our little ones foam mattress is also more comfy than our (relatively) expensive sprung one.

globalti
    Free Member

Foam rubber is easy to manufacture and almost everywhere else in the world people sleep on foam. Many of them are in very hot countries. Get a thin firm mattress and they won’t sink in and overheat (my main objection to memory foam).

ScottChegg
    Free Member

You don’t metion age at all which is odd. Really youg children are recommended to be on foam and nothing else as their bones are so soft.

crikey
    Free Member

Really youg children are recommended to be on foam and nothing else as their bones are so soft.

Which kind of makes me wonder how any human children ever survived long enough to grow up to invent foam. Unless of course, you are being foolish.

…and recommended by whom?

chalkstorm
    Free Member

Cheap so called memory foam mattresses suffer with heat retention (and give them a bad name). Better quality ones don’t…. (had one here for 12 years – still going strong – cost a small fortune though initially)

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

age 4.5yrs old

cheekyboy
    Free Member

My kids sleep on straw in the barn.

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

in the barn that’s generous !

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘children sleeping on foam mattresses – good idea ? bad idea ?’ is closed to new replies.