Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • Children or no Children?
  • senorj

For years me and the missus lived quite a selfish, possibly decadent lifestyle.Left it almost too late, but luckily became 40 something parents.I wish we’d done it younger ,simply so I wasn’t so tired.ha.
    Like kimbers, I too get guilt trips when I’m cycling &I have to be creative fitting in enough riding to keep me happy.
    If you and your partner both love each other and it’s what you both want , go for it. Not easy but very rewarding.
    I do sometimes miss the freedom of no kids but then i usually have to clean up some poo (toilet training)and i forget about it…… 😀

alpin
    Free Member

no kids. no desire for kids.

bensales
    Free Member

I’m 38 and now have two, a six year old boy, and a girl who’s nearly 2. They’re unbelievably hard work, but they’re the best thing ever.

I’ve read the OP’s other post and at 25 I also never wanted kids, even to the extent of considering a vasectomy. I met my wife when I was 24, and we got married when I was 28. Didn’t think much about kids kids but always agreed we’d only ever do it when we were financially reasonably stable. Jobs and career went well, so when I was 32 my mind changed and we went for it. My wife was 29/30 at the time.

Never looked back. My little girl was born four years after the lad because we felt that was a reasonable gap between them (and it took us that long to save up for a house with another bedroom!).

Interesting what people say about having no money or time after kids. I completely disagree. I’m busier for sure, but I’m also much better at fitting things in. My career has gone from strength to strength, and having the kids has actually helped. Lessons learnt with them can be applied at work, and not just in handling staff and co-workers who behave like children. I’m much calmer and I no longer worry about how difficult things are at work, because in comparison to being a father, they’re nothing. I also manage to find ten hours a week to train for marathon running as well.

All in all, I’d suggest just giving it time. Priorities shift over time, and no-one is the person they were ten years ago or will be in another ten years.

Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘Children or no Children?’ is closed to new replies.