• This topic has 52 replies, 43 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by edd.
Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • Childhood is over when….
  • badnewz
    Free Member

When you realise your parents don’t really know what the hell is going on either.

Stevet1
    Free Member

When you stop having to give a token £1 towards your mums Christmas and birthday presents that you Dad has bought and have to buy the present yourself. Hold on, perfume costs HOW MUCH!!!

GlennQuagmire
    Free Member

When farts stop being funny.

Oh hang on, that never happens.

So that means childhood is never over 🙂

P-Jay
    Free Member

First day in the office and you realise there’s three times as long doing this as you’ve already been alive. Childhood is but an epic blip.

Wasn’t the term that broke me, it was the sudden realisation that work doesn’t break for 7 weeks in summer (obviously, but I never considered it) and weekends are breathtakingly short.

deadkenny
    Free Member

and before you know it, you realise you may only have half your life left and it’s been mostly wasted sat in an office all day, and you wonder how the last 20 years just flew by yet the first 20 seemed to last forever.

tang
    Free Member

Unfortunately mine ended, age 9, overnight when my parents divorced.

jonnyboi

user-removed – Member

jonnyboi – Member
    You get bullied for the first time, and realise that adults would rather you kept quiet than give them problems to deal with,

Not sure if that was aimed at me but it seems likely. I’m not a perfect dad by any means but the shock of hearing a very small person say a word which stw won’t let me type is intense.

Believe me, you don’t react rationally in the way you might if they threw their carrot sticks at the cat.

My own grandad did the same to me for uttering the sinful word, “damn” but I still loved him once I got over my (small) self.

what? no. I hadn’t even read your post. If I was going to comment on it I would have quoted you.

MrOvershoot

Marin – Member

Your mum and dad have died and the all welcoming forever open under any circumstances day or night door to an emergency home is closed forever.

So true Greg, I still find myself thinking before I do something “what’s mum going to say about it” & then realise she cant 🙁

twinw4ll
    Free Member

When you stop filling your pockets with conkers 🙄

nickhit3
    Free Member

jesus. want to throw myself off a bridge now.

Ro5ey
    Free Member

When you enjoy the sponge of your bday cake more than the icing

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

The day you met Jimmy Saville.

edd

it was the sudden realisation that work doesn’t break for 7 weeks in summer (obviously, but I never considered it) and weekends are breathtakingly short.

+1

Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘Childhood is over when….’ is closed to new replies.