Viewing 4 posts - 121 through 124 (of 124 total)
  • Childhood injustices that still annoy you?
  • Edukator
    Free Member

So she should perhaps have said a negligible proportion of greenhouse gases come aerosol cans.

There was confusion of the “greenhouse effect – climatic change” and “ozone layer” issues so I’m with his girlfriend who was more worried about the impact of cars, farming and power stations than the tiny amount of greenhouse gases from aerosols. That small amount of CFC gas was seriously damaging the ozone layer but insignificant as a greenhouse gas when compared with fossil fuel burning.

Stopping CFC production saved the ozone layer but was insignificant in slowing climatic change.

tillydog
    Free Member

I was always good at school, but I got put up for the cane once:

There was an old, butt-ugly female teacher whose (Welsh) nickname loosely translated as ‘Fordson Tractor’ – I guess she must have known about it:

My mates and I were making engine and gear changing noises as we ran up some stairs (as early teenage boys do). She came storming down the stairs, absolutely livid, convinced we were making fun of her, and hauled us off to the headmaster’s office to be caned. Luckily for us, the headmaster (a psycho who would, without question, have caned us) was out, so we got handed to the Deputy Head. She gave her version of the way we had taunted her, and how disgraceful our behaviour was (all the time avoiding any reference to specifics) while we stood, open-mouthed at the blatant lies she was telling.

When she left, he indulged an about half an hour of psychological torture – being made to wait with our hands out, while he did a lot of cane-swishing and desk thwacking. Then he just opened the door and told us to go – Yay! 🙂

PE teacher? He was just a sadistic ****.

tinribz
    Free Member

As a fairly timid 11 year old was dragged in front of an angry Head Master for throwing a snowball at his office window during break time. Protests were met with a confusing revelation that he saw me do it!

Some weeks later in assembly he held up a large ball bearing that had come through the same window. Again he announced he knew who the culprit was and they were to stay behind afterwards. As if.

ononeorange

Tillydog – see my post above. I firmly believe that every PE teacher post in the country in the 70’s and 80’s absolutely required the candidate to be a complete sadist. Possibly still the case today, who knows?

Viewing 4 posts - 121 through 124 (of 124 total)

The topic ‘Childhood injustices that still annoy you?’ is closed to new replies.