Any advice? What useful features to look for, mounting method, brands, etc.
Depends how much you wanna splash out. Chariot are the best, not cheap tho.
Was thinking nearer £200 than £800!
Heh. I did warn you!
OK. Maybe a better question - what do you have, what do you find good about it and what would you change on it.
I've ordered a Chariot one from the States from a guy I know runs a bike shop, and it's going to be muled by a family member so that should help bring it down to a more reasonable level. I'll let you know when it arrives if it's any good
We have an Adventure AT3 Alloy trailer and it isn't that bad it can take 2 kids well plus a bit off stuff. I use mine to bring my daghter back from nusary on a weekly basies (10 miles). I got a rain cover for mine for the days when its properly wet. It attaches to the quick relaes so i can also use it with my MTB that has discs which was a big plus for me.
I had to strip an drepack the hubs when i got it as they were a little ruff but are fine now.
If you have any questions then ask
I bought a Burley D'Lite secondhand off the classifieds. Billy bargain as it had been used less than 10 times and was less than half the new price. The kids love it, get's a bit heavy now our lad is 3 and daughter is 1. Folds nearly flat and is very light until loaded!
Good point. I'd not thought about attaching to the drop-out rather than the frame for disc brakes.
I have a Burley Bee
Plus points are:
- takes both my boys (3 and 2)
- Pretty robust but not too heavy
- you can get a QR mount so I can use it on my disk-braked bikes
- It doesn't fold flat (at least not easily) so storage is a bit of a pain
- It doesn't have any suspension so I tend to stick to fairly smooth paths - they do get shaken around quite a lot in it
- The mesh cover stops twigs getting flicked in to the children's faces but lots of dirt and dust still gets in (there is a clear rain cover you can use)
- Pretty expensive (£250 I think from memory)
Re: the drop-out etc, I originally bought the QR attachment from Burley for ours which didn't work with all of our bikes. The new QR attachment is a nicely machined piece of alloy which goes behind your regular QR, works a treat with any bike so far.
This topic has been closed to new replies.