Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Child Trailer
  • TonyT
    Free Member

Has anyone used the Trail Buggies you can get from Halfords? look fine for the price, and on inspection today they have a very similar mount as some of the more expensive Burley trailers i’ve seen online. quite fancied the single child one they stock. Would like some feedback from people who have actually used them out and about. Guy in the shop let me link it to my bike (GT Avalanche), fitted fine but slightly off centre, Are they supposed to be like that as a safety thing?

TonyT

matt_outandabout

The burleys are off center as well – saves *quite* as much mud flying in the littlies faces from your wheel.

You hardly notice it on the trail – only on mega narrow bits (like trail centre singletrack)

jonathan
    Free Member

I think nearly all trailers sit a bit off centre – to give more turning clearance between the arm and rear wheel. Chariots certainly do by a couple of inches.

rossendalelemming
    Free Member

i’ve got the two seater version, my then 6 yr old and 3 yr old loved it and the dog sat in the boot bit behind the seats. You hardly notice you’re pulling anything. I also use it for the school run on my days off :-).
    My sister and husband used it as a trailer for a biking holiday around Croatia and gave it the thumbs up.
    I also have a tag a long bike which my older child likes to use, so my only issue is they now want me to connect the tag a long to my bike and the trailer to the tag a long. i’ll have the turning circle of an oil tanker.

carlphillips
    Free Member

how do they attach? is it through the QR.? will i need a longer QR axle?

rbmccunn
    Free Member

I have had one of the halfords single seat trailers for 3 years for my daughter and it’s great. She loves it to. It’s light enough so you will still get up hills and tough enough to survive a roll and protect your precious cargo if you get a bit to over enthusiastic or have a crash (I almost had a heart attack but she couldn’t stop laughing!) The bars protected her but I always make her wear a bike helmet when she is in it anyway. It seems a much safer way to get out on my bike with the wee one than a seat strapped on the back and means I can use my full suss too. The off set is normal and only takes a couple of min’s to get used to. It’s also easy to fold up to store it or stick it in the car. Good bit of kit for a good price if you have a wee kid. I don’t work for halfords by the way!

carlphillips
    Free Member

im going down halfords later, to get one (hence the questions) would like the 2person one but i think my two boys will end up killing each other if we put them in it…

rbmccunn
    Free Member

fatmuthahubbard, I use a standard hope steel qr to attach mine.

TonyT
    Free Member

cheers for the advice. Think I’ll nab the single seater one from Halfords. Seems at a much better price point than the Burley. Have noticed another brand called spokey joe during some searches last night, are they any good??

Thanks Again, TonyT

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Child Trailer’ is closed to new replies.