Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Child seats, where have you taken them?
  • loddrik
    Free Member

Eldest daughter starts full time school a week tomorrow which means I will finally have the days to start getting some regular riding in after nearly two years. Only problem is I'll have my 10 month old daughter in tow on the child seat. What sort of off road places have you taken yours? Obviously delamere is no problem but I'd like to take her somewhere a little more ambitious, Llandegla blue, Clwyds or similar. Would I be expecting too much? Not really into canal towpaths…

Filthy
    Free Member

Never used one but I've always fancied taking one down a really bumpy downhill track with a doll in it… just to see the look of terror on peoples faces when I bail out and dump the bike.

Marmoset
    Free Member

Given the unpredictable mass, and the fact that I could pull wheelies without wanting to, I wouldn't want to do anything approaching a good off road ride with a child on the back of the bike. I've not tried a trailer but a few peoople on here seem to get on well with them.

superfli
    Free Member

What child seat is it? Is it a WeeRide ontop of the top tube type, or is it a clamp on rear seat? I have just upgraded ours from the rear type to a WeeRide. No way would I have taken the rear type off road, far too bouncy and unbalances the bike, it would also swing around a bit too (plus it would damage the bushings/bearings on my FS). WeeRide has been down some gentle forest paths so far with ease. My son loves it and I'll be venturing to the local trail centre soon. I'll gradually progress with him upto singletrack, the WeeRide is excellent (Asda Direct for £65)

boxelder

Thought the recommended age was 12 months. Your infants neck will be the first thing to fail, so I'd be careful. I've done blue sort of grade stuff with them when they've been older though.

nickjb
    Free Member

A riding pal of mine does it. I think she was about two when these were taken. Lift assisted riding in Luchon. Riding well within your comfort zone off-road is safer than on the road IMHO

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Child seats, where have you taken them?’ is closed to new replies.