Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Child seats, Front or back mounted?
  • eyerideit
    Free Member

Which is better?

Does it depend on the bike as to what it can accommodate.

Personally I think front will be more fun as they don’t have to stare at an arse crack and get more of a view.

Your thoughts please?

jam-bo

Weeride kangaroo

pictonroad

I have a wee-ride which is in the middle. It’s more fun to interact with the boy but riding the bike and getting both him and I on and off is more of a pain. Also means you can’t get a foot down easily on the road, it’s a no no for the mrs who isn’t as confident as me on the road.

I think the compromise is worth it.

I really like the look of the front bar mounted seat for the little nippers, is it called a yepp?

jam-bo

Weeride kangaroo with a dropper post

TroutWrestler
    Free Member

I chose a front mounted Bobike Mini over a Weeride. It is easier to mount/dismount, and less invasive, as long as you have 20mm of spacers on your steerer.

I think the balance is better too.

A dropper post makes a big difference.

eyerideit
    Free Member

Picton, the seat I’m looking at is the Yepp, I saw one in us on Sunday and it looked pretty good,

sweaman2
    Free Member

Curious. Why does a dropper post make a big difference? Easier to get on and off or something else ?

mtbfix

Point to note: Front mount seats mean you have to pedal with your knees stuck out. I found it unbearable. Hamax Siesta out back for me.

torquil
    Free Member

Little Ones Come Too

terrible name, great seat when they are big enough, will go on full sus.

eyerideit
    Free Member

Point to note: Front mount seats mean you have to pedal with your knees stuck out. I found it unbearable. Hamax Siesta out back for me.

Suppose it’s got a got to do with the geo of the bike a long TT would help with the knee thing.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Child seats, Front or back mounted?’ is closed to new replies.