Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Child seat on MK1 Ragley Blue Pig
  • andysbikeclinic
    Free Member

Hi,

I bought a Blue Pig a couple of years ago and fitted a WeeRide to transport the little ‘un to nursery. This worked really well, but as bairns do, he’s grown a bit. A lot.

So, we bought a Hamax Siesta which is great on his Mam’s bike, but I’m struggling to find a rack that will mount on the Blue Pig which will allow me to put the bike seat on. There’s a mounting point near the dropouts, but nothing on the seat stays. Can I use a set of these P Clips for the upper mounts, or would they not be up to the job? Obviously my first concern is my son’s safety, so if it can’t be done, it can’t be done.

HermanShake
    Free Member

Google “seat clamp rack mount” there are lots out there for not much which will give you a fixing point.

This one looks good:

http://www.evanscycles.com/products/bontrager/eyeleted-seatpost-clamp-ec032907?utm_source=froogle&utm_medium=froogle&utm_campaign=froogle&utm_content=mkwid__pcrid_17321847296_kword__match__plid_

matthewlhome
    Free Member

My hamax siesta slots into a bracket mounted on the seat tube. This works nicely on my inbred summer season. No worries about the frame as its made from scaffold pipes 🙂

i cant remember but i think i may have had to choose a different mounting frame to enable it to clear the wheel though.

EDIT: – ah, looks like you have the plus model that goes on the special rack. If the P-clip solutions are strong enough to hold heavy luggage then they shouldbe ok i guess.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    andysbikeclinic
    Free Member

Thanks for the responses fellas. That seat clamp may well do the job.

Any other suggestions from anyone please?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Child seat on MK1 Ragley Blue Pig’ is closed to new replies.