• This topic has 9 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by FFJA.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Child Seat for 52 Ford Ranger
  • FFJA
    Free Member

Morning,

Advice folks… I have a 52 plate double cab ford ranger pick up. My 8 month old girl has now pretty much grown out of her carry cot style car seat so I’m looking to replace it with a bigger rear facing job.. But.. With the seat belts in the back of pickups being a bit shorter than the norm, and it not being new enough to have isofix, can anyone recommend a seat that will fit!?

Cheers!

br
    Free Member

tbh With all mine (a long time ago) we just went down to the shop(s) and they tried a couple of the ones we (wife) liked. We bought the one that fitted.

FFJA
    Free Member

Hmm might see if halfords etc will let me try them for size!

TheDTs
    Free Member

The Scandinavians are well into rear facing seats for much older kids, then we use them for in the uk.
    Have a look at Rear facing. Wish I had at the time we bought the seats we have.

I think it’s also possible to retro fit isofix to some vehicles?

TheDTs
    Free Member

Just watched the vid on the site I linked to… Blimey!

paulosoxo
    Free Member

Try this, not sure if they do rear facing seats, but our Land Rover didn’t like the Maxi Cosi’s we had before, bought two Britax seats using this, and they’ve been a miuch better fit.

http://fitfinder.britax.co.uk/

theprancinghorse
    Free Member

It was a long time ago for me but our local Mothercare would have someone fit the seat in the car park for you. They would make sure the seat fitted correctly and try a whole bunch until you were happy. Twas a while ago though…

tenacious_doug
    Free Member

There is very few rear facing on the market that will work with seatbelt. The Joie Stages is a nice looking seat worth considering.
    Are you sure she is too big at 8 months? Obviously I don’t know your situation but most baby seats are good until c.13kg to 15kg which is 12 months plus on average. Height wise too most are good for over a year, my boy is tall for his age but still in baby seat at 14 months. A reputable shop will advise on how they fit the current seat, when I went to John Lewis last week to try seats they checked out his fitting in the current seat and advised to stay with it for a bit longer.

makecoldplayhistory
    Free Member

We’ve a kiddicare from Babyweavers in the back of our twincab. MCPH Jr likes it and the wife makes sure everything’s safe / tested etc.

FFJA
    Free Member

Thanks all!
    The Joie Stages one was the one I like it halfords today, lad had a go at fitting it for us and whilst it fitted ok, he didn’t want to sell it as the buckle for the seat belt was touching the plastic which apparently could make the buckle fall apart in an accident. I have to say as a FF I’m sceptical on that but will bow to their knowledge.

Size wise, she’s tall for her age, must get that from the milkman, it’s more that a more substantial seat will be easier to get her in and out really.

Thanks for all the tips so far tho!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Child Seat for 52 Ford Ranger’ is closed to new replies.