Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Child Seat for 29er???
  • bikeneil
    Free Member

Are there any specific 29er child seats that don’t require a rack (like the Topeak one does)?

I’ve got a Hamax rear one, and no matter how i mount it, it rubs on the back tyre when my child is in it (mostly over bumnps). Any better suggestions? My bike does not have rack mounts, otherwise the Topeak would be ideal.
    Failing all that, i guess a trailer.

Thanks for any ideas.

johnnystorm

I use one of these on my On One Fatty (so 29″ diameter wheels….

http://ibert.bike/

Markend
    Free Member

I have a Yepp Maxi that fits nicely on my Cotic Solaris.

edhornby

have you tried mounting the hamax on the seatpost ?

bikeneil
    Free Member

have you tried mounting the hamax on the seatpost ?

I did think about that, but was worried it would put too much stress on it. It’s only a 27.2mm post…

lardman
    Free Member

Just put the Hamax clamp on the seat-post, but close to the end of the seat-tube. The post is stronger than the tube it goes into, so long as there’s not to much leverage.

<caveat> not tried this mind you</caveat>

edhornby

if you do, a proper bolt up seatclamp rather than a QR will give futher piece of mind

northernmatt

I had the same problem with a Hamax one and a 29er. I sold the 29er. Problem solved.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Any better suggestions?

If your child is still young enough, a Weeride is way way better than any seat at the back

ads678

Hamax do an extended mount that fits over 29er wheels I think. I looked into it a couple of years ago when i had a 29er but never bought one in the end as I sold the 29er.

I think it’s billed as ‘for small frames’ but should raise the seat up and back for use on a 29er.

I think……..

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Child Seat for 29er???’ is closed to new replies.