Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • child safety seat on aeroplane, any experiences?
  • flip456
    Free Member

We’re going on a flight to the states soon and our youngest needs her own seat with a glorified car seat fitted. Does anyone have any experiences of these, are they comfortable (the pic on the web shows a very upright position) will little’un be able to sleep etc. Can they be stowed easily if not needed etc.

Not quite at the nightmare stage yet, but the flight is playing on my mind. Just want to make it as stress free for all involved (including felow passengers) 🙂

Cheers flip

thegreatape
    Free Member

Is this something the airline have stipulated?

flip456
    Free Member

It seems ti be a bit of a grey area. If she was younger and smaller, she could have used a sky cot. At 16 months she’s too big, so she can either sit on my lap (for 9 hours) I think not or she can have her own seat. Virgin have asked if we require the safety seat but haven’t said if its necessary or not, they were pretty useless tbh. Just wondering if anyone had any experience of them.

franksinatra

Flown plenty of times with kids aged from newborn to 7 years old and never heard of this.

In my experience I would just have a normal seat, gives her plenty of space to play and move around with you and mum acting as ‘buffer’ zones either side. She can then sit on your lap with safety belt for take off landing if you prefer.

Good luck!

fatsimonmk2
    Free Member

took our 2 year old on his first aerolane trip this year only 2 1/2hr flight,airline were quite happy for him to sit in normal seat with normal belt so long as we sat either side of him to supervise him

GrahamS

We took our daughter on a plane when she was 10 months and again at 22 months.
    Both times she was just on our laps with a lapbelt (only 2 hour flight).

On the second flight though the bloke next to us moved to a different seat so we ended up with a seat for her which was ideal. Worth considering that this may well happen if there is room and gives you 3 seats without having to pay the extra 😀

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘child safety seat on aeroplane, any experiences?’ is closed to new replies.