Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Child friendly services on the M5
  • Harry_the_Spider

I need to break up a journey so that my little lad can run around on the grass and if possibe have a go on some swings.

Does anybody know of some child friendly services on the M5? Not interested in pulling off the motorway and looking for a nice village with a park etc before anyone suggests it.

Ta.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

On the whole of the M5? It runs from up near Brummajam to Exshitter…where wuz you finkin of stopping?

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Gordano Services in Bristol has quite an extensive area of grass, don’t know about swings though.

Stoner
    Free Member

can run around on the grass and if possibe have a go on some swings.

what do you think this is? France or summint?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Can’t ypu get them a Happy Meal or something?

Harry_the_Spider

The whole M5. We’ll be stopping everytime the air in the car gets a little ripe, but we need to have a longer break at some point.

I’m sure that I have seen one with a kiddies play area, but I can’t remember which.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I think the one south of Bristol, i.e. the next one after Gordano looks like an ok spot for kids…reasonably open and out in the countryside so air’s a bit fresher than Gordano.

Sedgemoor it’s called.

Oh hang on…just doing a bit of research and found these comments actually posted on a website:

Steve: Arrived here at 9pm on a Wednesday evening, to find both the restaurant and the Wimpy were closed. Had to travel on to Bridgewater services to get a meal. I won’t bother stopping here again.
    It looks as if one of the derelict buildings on this site was once a Little Chef.

Mikael: The road off the M5 leading into the services is awkward and you get to the entrance before you know it, even if you’ve slowed down. Definitely take it easy on the way in, and out. On the way out of the car park, watch out as you proceed along the exit road back onto the M5, HGVs dart straight out of the petrol station without even bothering to look to their right to see if anything’s coming. The cafeteria is like the ones on most British motorway services, mediocre fare at best and vastly overpriced for what you actually get. If you’re coming down from the north of Bristol, get off the M5 and stop at Cribbs Causeway, go to Marks and Sparks and buy some sandwiches, snacks and drinks there instead. They’ll be far cheaper and nicer than the slops they serve up in Sedgemoor’s ‘cafeteria’.

Jesus H, who posts these things?

Even worse, who reads them?

Me, that’s who!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Child friendly services on the M5’ is closed to new replies.