Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Child Carrier- Yepp Maxi or others??
  • Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

Looking at a new child seat for the lil one.

Rack mounted ideally. Looking a Yepp Maxi.

Does anyone have any experiences with one or similar?

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

Bump, in case any Mummys and Daddys are about

crankboy
    Free Member

no experience of that one , but have used a seat tube mounted hymax the boy loved it from about 12 to 36 months was ok for short rides to shops and daily to nursery but did affect the handling as he got heavier. it and two mounts are yours for free if you can collect in leeds.

toys192
    Free Member

I have two excellent condition rack mounted yepp maxis in blue for sale, locking bases, rack adaptors if necc. The kids loved them, really comfy, still used until they were 6. (although mine brat are on the 25th percentile for height, midgets we are..)

edhornby

I’ve used the hamax ones and they are fine, I got a yepp as I couldn’t get the hamax onto the back of my kona ute – the yepp is a nicer seat if a bit pricier, rack mounted is a bit better than the hamax clamp and bars but not that much of a deal breaker.

stability and handling depends on where the seat is located in the bike – unfortunately the modern bikes with really short seat stays mean that the child is closer to the back axle so the steering gets lighter as the child gets heavier.

I also have a hamax free for anyone based manchester

WillH

I started with the Yepp Mini, progressed to the Maxi, can’t say enough good things about them. Used the Maxi on an XtraCycle Free Radical, worked a treat.

My eldest moved on to a DoLittle top-tube-mounted seat by age 3.5, but he’s big for his age and had more bikes than me by then! No.2 Child is still 6-7 months away from the Yepp Mini, can’t wait!

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

Crankboy thanks but really after rack mounted.

Toys drop me line, email in profile

toys192
    Free Member

Mail sent.

konabunny
    Free Member

Toys – if SS only wants one of them; email me about the other one!

toys192
    Free Member

Ok. SS hasn’t replied, but I expect he does only want one. Emailing now as soon as I find yer email address.

toys192
    Free Member

Kona mail sent from my silver address.

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

Just dropped you a mail toys

Only after the one seat 🙂

toys192
    Free Member

Great, have replied to both of you now.
    Cheers

benp1

I’d recommend a Polisport Guppy

Fits very securely onto my rack in less than a minute. There’s a knob to turn which closes the 2 clamps over the top of the rack.

Means I can turn 1 bike with the same rack from a commuter, to a shopper, to a kid carrying bike. I’ve managed to fit a pannier bag on the back so I can do a bit of shopping in it with a kid attached.

5 point harness which isn’t easy for the kids to figure out how to open when they’re young. Easy to adjust for size so both my kids can get in it without too much faff.

I haven’t used my trailer in ages thanks to this seat

toys192
    Free Member

Shep, Kona, pics sent by email.

T1000
    Free Member

Likewise recommend the polisport guppy

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Child Carrier- Yepp Maxi or others??’ is closed to new replies.