Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Chicken casserole do I need to brown chicken bits first ? 30 mins to get answer
  • unfitgeezer
    Free Member

Yes ?

No ?

If I don’t then great Ill have an extra 30 mins and less to clean up/ less frying smell !

Don’t see the point its going in a casserole

thanks in advance

ton

yes,

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

why ?

ton

adds flavour. looks nicer than pale insipid meat.

Eyepic
    Free Member

^^^^^^ +1

Bazz

I would, however nothing bad will happen if you don’t. If you choose not to then remove the skin completely or you’ll have horrible limp greasy white skin in your dinner.

bearnecessities

Looks like you need a chuffing big casserole dish.

johndoh
    Free Member

With the weather at the moment, you could just chuck some vegetables in there with the chickens and close the doors…

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Add some tarragon to!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Yes

jambalaya
    Free Member

Yes, as above adds flavour and also helps to seal the meat helping to avoid it drying out

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

its gonna be cooked in a casserole how will it dry out ?

CheesybeanZ

Yes , then put some of the stock in the hot pan to get all the flavour/juices from the meat .

anagallis_arvensis

No, not sure I agree with keeping it tender, it does improve flavour and look though. I never brown meat in curries for example.

BiscuitPowered
    Free Member

Bit of a digression but someone once made me a sausage casserole without browning the sausages first… horrid pale anemic looking sausages floating around in it. I guess they were ‘cooked’ and everything but I thought it looked disgusting. Ate it anyway of course, tasted alright.

bearnecessities

I don’t brown beef in a stew, just toss it in herbs/flour. Jamie told me to.

The other one.

BiscuitPowered
    Free Member

Yeah I do the same with beef stew. Sausages was just wrong though.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Chicken casserole do I need to brown chicken bits first ? 30 mins to get answer’ is closed to new replies.