Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Chesty Pains
  • AnyExcuseToRide
    Free Member

Juuust wondering if anyone has anything similar to this and if so what it was?

I quite often get very sharp chest pains, can be in random points really but more often on left side i would say, they are really sharp like someone stabbing you so very precise points and it hurts a lot to take a deep breath so I have to take small sharp breaths while it happens. It usually only happens when im just sat doing nothing and only lasts for maybe 30seconds (max 1min). I never really get any other chest pains or anything when im working hard on the bike.

I would say I’m pretty fit and often do long bike rides and push myself etc etc, im 23 and about 12st, eat healthy and a lot, dont drink or smoke…

EDIT: Awaits confirmation that im going to die…

nickhart
    Free Member

Get to the doctors. Might be nothing but mine was very much something.

legolam
    Free Member

Fatal cat AIDS. Or costochondritis. But probably cat AIDS.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Good cat AIDS or bad cat AIDS?

Oh, and talk to a doctor, just in case.

warton
    Free Member

I had / have the same. the doc instantly ruled out heart issues, but get it checked out.

do you drink coffee?

Bucko

I used to get this exact same thing when I was young, maybe 10-13 years old. I never found out what it was and it went away without me noticing. I can only imagine it was something to do with muscles in the chest wall, maybe to do with growing pains associated with my age.

Good luck getting it sorted. Or RIP. Whichever comes first 😉

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

I get that every time I excercise, including getting out of bed. But then again I’m 56 & eat & drink to much.
    I’m not worried anymore, but you should be. 😉

chris_db
    Free Member

Intercostal cramp.

AnyExcuseToRide
    Free Member

yes i drink coffee! usually 1 strong one in the morning and sometimes one in the afternoon…

I went to the docs when i was about 15/16 about it and he said it was to do with the bones growing a little quicker than muscles therefore the muscles would cramp now and then but i would grow out of it however im thinking at 23 im not growing anymore?!

so how do you contract cat AIDS?

globalti
    Free Member

Seconded intercostal cramp.

hora
    Free Member

Get an ecg to rule all out. If you dropped dead you know your partner will have to stump up c3.5k for a funeral?

dr_death
    Free Member

(can’t believe no ones said it yet)

I call first dibs on your bikes when you die….

(Sounds like nowt, but pop to your GP at some stage for some reassurance)

Drac

I went to the docs when i was about 15/16 about it and he said it was to do with the bones growing a little quicker than muscles therefore the muscles would cramp now and then

I was told that too for pain in my hip at the same age. When I was 18 they finally found the bone tumour and took it out.

What Dr Death said.

hora
    Free Member

Ps. OP even very fit people have and do have fatal heart attacks.

Larsen was one that springs to mind.

Dont want to worry you but I want to worry you enough to drill this down with a proper heart-investigation.

argoose
    Free Member

Bruce lee another

UncleFred
    Free Member

I’ve recently been diagnosed with Tiestze’s Syndrome http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Tietzes-syndrome/Pages/Introduction.aspx after i thought i was having a heart attack a few weeks ago.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Chesty Pains’ is closed to new replies.