Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Chest infections?
  • thered

I’ve got one and am on antibiotics for it, can I still ride?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

IMO only gently – 50% of max type thing.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

You are seriously asking that question?

Ok lets assume you are, yes go ahead and ride your bike, but then dont be surprised if the chest infection doesnt go and you end up dying. (seriously)

thered

Dying of what? It’s much better than it was.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

A chest infection is the same thing as Pneumonia. Pneumonia kills people. Just do some searching on here to see what a bad effect it has had on people.

I’d be resting as much as possible until 100% fit again, rather than taking any chances.

thered

So are you saying that Monday’s ride while coughing and hacking was not a good idea?

Hmmm, this is annoying.

Taff
    Free Member

Cycling is the best medicine. Gentle rides though and keep them short

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

I’d speak to your doc to be honest, see what advice they give..

To be honest with a chest infection I’m surprised you even feel like exercising.

Even simple googling brings up that its not a good idea.

ourmaninthenorth

Me, I wouldn’t.

But, since a trip to Belgium in 2008 where I picked up a chest infection that developed into asthma, I’ve found that colds easily go onto my chest.

Chest infection earlier this year (was one factor which) had me off the bike for 6 months.

thered

I feel fine apart from the cough which was hurting my chest after a bit and giving me a headache.

Went the doc’s monday night who said I had the start of a chest infection and there was alot of mucus in my left lung.

I don’t feel debilated which is I suppose why I feel I should MTFU and get out there. Your words of caution make me think otherwise.

Euro
    Free Member

Similar symptoms to myself thered. Went out for a ride anyway as i’d got fed up recuperating. If you’re gonna have a coughing fit, might as well be out in the fresh air and having fun right? 😀

Felt worse the next day mind, but hey ho.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member
    thered

R, saw that, didn’t fill me with joy

honourablegeorge

I always find a bit of fresh air is good to help clear the lungs. Strenuous exercise, that’s another matter.

Currently fighting a sore throat/cough, am planning to spend the weekend in a van in Wales. If it spreads to my chest I’ll be one unhappy bunny.

thered

Felt same yesterday post monday ride and feel better today, coughing much less

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Chest infections?’ is closed to new replies.