Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Cheshire has most dangerous roads in UK
  • brooess
    Free Member

Cheshire has the most dangerous roads in UK!

I live in London but my parents are in Cheshire, and I spent 6 months up there about 3 years ago. I feel safer in London as the traffic is slower.

You see a lot more Range Rovers around Cheshire – at least the Alderley Edge, Knutsford bit. Wonder if that has anything to do with it?

marcus7
    Free Member

Tell me about it…. take my life in my own hands everyday… 😥

binners

Stereotypes are stereotypes for a reason. Cheshire is full of….

Most of them still wouldn’t have seen you, even after they’ve run you over

tthew

I imagine that the Cat and Fiddle is responsible for a large proportion of Cheshire’s road safety issues. I never feel particularly at risk and have lived and cycled in Cheshire for most of my life.

bland

I suspect the M6, J16-21 may add somewhat to that tally, always someone spannering themselves on it beween these junctions for some reason!

marthall
    Free Member

As a resident between Alderley Edge and Knutsford (guess where? 🙂 ) I can say that the roads of London are safer but that generally it’s the cyclists at fault.

Every weekend I see hordes of middle aged roadies, ill dressed (it’s winter so the bloke in Evans said wear winter clothes… but its 18º you tit), on top of the range carbon bikes, meandering all over the road, shouting at drivers, riding 4-5 abreast on narrow roads.

Not all cyclists are bad, not all car drivers are bad, but the “Let’s go out to the countryside… wow the roads are quiet… let’s ride all over it… **** me that car nearly hit me – Brigade” are a pain in the arse.

wilburt
    Free Member

5 a breast wow.. how often do you see that?

sharkbait
    Free Member

Around me it’s the mahoosive tractors that are 3/4 the width of the road hurtling around the place.

vickypea
    Free Member

I’d agree that the Cat & Fiddle and M6 are responsible for a big proportion of that. On Sunday club runs I have noticed that the absolute worst drivers with regard to attitude to cyclists are in Wilmslow.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Cheshire has most dangerous roads in UK’ is closed to new replies.