Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Cherry tree wood burns lovely
  • geoffj

Some I split in March on the burner now.
    It doesn’t look like its seasoned, but I checked the mc and its between 15 & 20%
    The flue stat is showing how much heat it’s banging out – almost as good as the 3 yr old beech I’ve been using too.

That is all 🙂

Drac

Fantastic wood, the logs I get at the coal merchants for an emergency top up are terrible. So using coal only for now.

SaxonRider

Oh, and the smell! It’s simply the best.

Our entire neighbourhood smells good when I burn it.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    martinhutch

I’ve got the remains of a big flowering cherry tree seasoning in the store at the moment. Not sure it will be ready for this winter, might save it for next year.

yodagoat
    Free Member

keep your sawdust/chippings for on the BBQ. I use cherry to hot smoke beef and pork. Gid.

RobHilton
    Free Member

Loveliest of trees…

captaindanger

Cherry, don’t burn that! Make some furniture!

geoffj

captaindanger – Member
    Cherry, don’t burn that! Make some furniture!
    POSTED 4 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST

It was a load of short logs I found fly tipped. The colour of some of it is amazing though.

Moses

I know a man who needs short lengths of cherry.
    He’s a precision wood engineer, I suppose, & has a good proportion of the world market for harpischord spare parts.

Sell it?

geoffj

I’ve heard before that its well regarded by wood turners, but they don’t like to pay much for it. Ill bear it in mind if I come by any more.

stucol
    Free Member

Camphor wood is best for burning !

granny_ring

I’ve got some to finish cutting up for next winter.
    Guess that’s one disadvantage to changing to a wood burner instead from the open fire!

grantway
    Free Member

I burn seasoned Cheery timber a lot gives of a nice aroma too
    The best seasoned hardwood to burn is Maple it lasts longer

br
    Free Member

Good to hear, as I’ve 1/2 dozen over-big ones I need to take down late this year to get our build in 🙂

globalti
    Free Member

Before we had a wood burner we cut down a “gift from the builder” cherry that had outgrown the garden and we advertised the trunk on a wood turning forum, free to a good home. Some people in Mull sent a lorry to collect it; two big Jocks picked it up, heaved it in the back and drove off.

Three months later we received a mystery parcel, opened it to find a beautiful turned cherry wood bowl with a note saying: “Thanks – we always give the first piece to whoever supplied the wood”

Nice, eh?

zokes
    Free Member

That I do like, globalti!

sobriety
    Free Member

California lilac is another good smelling one to burn

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Cherry tree wood burns lovely’ is closed to new replies.