• This topic has 9 replies, 9 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by IHN.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Cheque gone adrift Q
  • slowoldgit
    Free Member

As it says: I mailed cheque to bank about a month ago, cheque isn’t credited to my account. I’ll be talking to the bank soon as (Tue), meanwhile what should I know and do now? Cheque was a machine-printed thing, so presumably crossed

£1.7k, so a lot to me.

Thanks

Cougar

Talk to the issuer about getting it reissued perhaps?

bigyinn
    Free Member

Check with issuer? If they haven’t seen it cashed, can you get them to cancel it and issue a new one?
    Then you take it to your bank and pay it in personally?

If its been paid you need to be having a chat with your bank.

the-muffin-man

Why wait till Tuesday to call your bank?

And call the issuer of the cheque to see if it has been cashed. If it hasn’t you need them to put a stop on it and re-issue.

But do it all now!

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Ask the issuer of the cheque to ask their bank if it’s been cashed and if so where. That’s what my bank asked me to do when a couple of cheques went missing.

slowoldgit
    Free Member

On Tuesday I can walk into the Bank.

The issuer now knows about it, so does my bank. It hasn’t been cashed, which I imagine would be difficult, ie they have to open an account in my name (not common) with ID and an address. Or is this not so?

DaveVanderspek
    Free Member

I run my own business and the banks have,on several occasions, cashed cheques which have been sent to the wrong people in error or are unsigned.
    I don’t think they look that closely.

johndoh
    Free Member

On Tuesday I can walk into the Bank.

From my experience that won’t help – they are all just drones that direct you to the telephone banking kiosks in the corner of the branch nowadays 🙁

dannybgoode

From my experience that won’t help – they are all just drones that direct you to the telephone banking kiosks in the corner of the branch nowadays

Not if you’re a premier account holder they don’t 🙂

IHN

Your bank can tell you nothing other than it hasn’t been paid into your account, which you already know.

All the issuer’s bank can tell them is that it hasn’t been cashed, which they already have.

It’s now between you and the issuer; they can stop the first cheque and give you another.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Cheque gone adrift Q’ is closed to new replies.