Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Cheltenham locals wanted (bike ride and free beer content)
  • alfabus
    Free Member

Afternoon,

We’ve just moved to Cheltenham (Leckhampton) and we don’t yet know our way round or know many people. Went for a quick road spin today to check out our bike commute routes for Monday morning; would really like to get out on the proper bikes though!

We’ll probably contact cc-cc this week, but I think their mtb rides are Saturday mornings, so we’ve missed that for this week.

Are there any friendly locals on here who would be willing to show us a few trails tomorrow (sunday) morning? The after ride pints will be on me 🙂

Anyone who cant do tomorrow, but fancies a ride some other time, give me a shout too.

Email in profile or post here and I’ll check it later (no broadband yet, so I’m on my phone).

Dave and Lou

Scamper
    Free Member

Look at you with your leafy Leckhampton living! 🙂

Fabulous town to live in.

I’ve got a mate you rides with a crew, so will enquire when they go out.

qwerty
    Free Member

Hi, i’m new to Stroud, I’m hooking up with the guys from BIGFOOT MBC tomorrow (back injury permitting) morning 10am in Waitrose Stroud upper car park, for a tour of the 5 valleys, if you get no other offers. Might be polite to contact them via their website if you fancy it. I’ve seen a lot of riders heading out of Cheltenham into the local hills. Cranham woods seems to be a much mentioned spot.

Steelfreak
    Free Member

Cranham for lots of woodsey singletrack, most of which is a bit ‘cheeky’ (just watch out for the new owner).

alfabus
    Free Member

leafy Leckhampton living

We moved from Croydon; imagine how leafy and nice it feels to us!

Dave

monsteryeti
    Free Member

Hi mate, 5 of us ride Lecki (incl Cranham / Crickley) then Cleeve on rotation ever Tuesday night. Not sure where we are this coming Tues but will let you know. We leave from Hall Road Leckampton c.7.00 every other Tues.

Your welcome on board. Hopefully you will be slow so you can ride with me!!!

davesmate
    Free Member

Google MB Swindon. Not exactly local to Cheltenham but Swindon’s not a million miles away and they do some club rides over Cheltenham way

lookmanohands
    Free Member

I can show you a few cheeky trails around cranham, will drop you a mail when I’m free. 😀

alfabus
    Free Member

Cheers for the responses.

Thanks Monsteryeti, let me know when you ride from lecky next and I’ll try to meet up with you 🙂

Dave

mboy
    Free Member

Alfabus, take lookmanohands up on his offer… Don’t think there’s anyone that knows the trails round Cheltenham as well as he does. Certainly the stuff worth riding anyway…

alfabus
    Free Member

Oops, didn’t spot that offer, stupid phone didn’t update when I posted; sounds great lookmanohands… Give me a shout when you are free 🙂

monsta
    Free Member

I ride with Bigfoot – so qwerty, you’re the newbie we’ve been told about? Oh dear, be afraid, be very afraid…

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Cheltenham locals wanted (bike ride and free beer content)’ is closed to new replies.