Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Cheltenham & Gloucester – no drinking at a beer manufacturers?
  • matt_outandabout

So we have a mortgage with C&G, and we are buying a new place. As background, the last purchase ended up with us starting proceedings against C&G as they were so crap.
    So with some trepidation, I called them this morning…
    2 phone calls, 5 times forwarded on to colleagues as ‘they were not the right department’ – and then the lady suggests they cannot give me a quote / options as she is not the sales lady, just the new lending team…
    The manager I was put through to also seemed nonplussed that I wanted to compare their offer to other providers…
    What a useless shower of incompetent, dis-organised and thick monkeys.
    I refuse to give my money to a company that cannot organise the sales team, let alone actually sort a product out.

jekkyl

are you tied with your mortgage deal to them?

marcus7
    Free Member

Other lenders are available 😉 , i’ve had a c&g mortgage for years and never had an issue…. apart from them trying to lend me more than i wanted…. My view is they are all a shower of… its just a case of hitting lucky with individuals who work for them who may be switched on…

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Time to speak with a mortgage broker? If you started proceedings against them last time, how the devil are you still with them or considering giving them business this time?

matt_outandabout

I was considering at they (on website and in letter with mortgage statement) were suggesting I could borrow more (which we need), or port the (good) deal we have all for no fees, free valuation and free legals.
    The fee/costs would save £3.5k+ Worth taking a chance on.
    Anyhow, they wont help. It has taken 1hr 30 mins and 11 people on the phone to tell me that….

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Cheltenham & Gloucester – no drinking at a beer manufacturers?’ is closed to new replies.