Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Cheers to the bloke who gave me some patches yesterday
  • dannyh
    Free Member

Just a quick thank you to the chap who gave me some park tools pre-glued patches yesterday near the bottom of the beast near Hope. Assuming you are on here.

Sorry I took all three patches, I didn’t think at the time!

I managed to pinch flat the FRONT coming down Hagg Farm. That’ll teach me to try to outrun full sussers.

It’ll also teach me not to just lob my riding kit in the car without checking if I had bothered to repair the tubes properly.

Seriously, though, another gold star for the MTB community.

parkesie
    Free Member

Not a problem between us we had plenty to go around 😀

br
    Free Member

It’ll also teach me not to just lob my riding kit in the car without checking if I had bothered to repair the tubes properly.

Nor carrying basic repair items…

parkesie
    Free Member

Happens to us all one of us had a puncture only to discover his pump was goosed 8).

dannyh
    Free Member

Cheers again. Thought I might track you down on here.

b r I appreciate what you are saying. The bit I left out was that by the time parkesie helped me out, I had fixed the flat using a patch, but it was old and the glue didn’t seem too clever. I merely mentioned this and he was good enough to give me some patches just in case. For the record, he also offered a spare New tube, but I didn’t feel I could accept that. I was ready to walk back to the car as karma for not being 100% prepared.

I didn’t think I needed to include this detail as I didn’t think I’d end up having to defend myself on a thread with this title!

As it was, the patch held, and I finished a great ride and met a helpful person. I actually tagged along with another two riders for the remainder of the ride, and they were a good crack as well.

Cheers to all who were out in the area yesterday, walkers included, as everyone seemed to be just enjoying themselves in the great outdoors.

tpbiker
    Free Member

I didn’t think I’d end up having to defend myself on a thread with this title!

More fool you then! From just reading the title I knew there would be someone along sharpish on their high horse to chastise you for your error. This is STW after all 🙂

dannyh
    Free Member

tpbiker

Good point. I suppose the view from the moral high ground makes some people get a bit giddy.

I am usually quite well prepared, but two evenings out on Thursday and Friday (usually unheard of) and two kids who are not sleeping brilliantly at the moment meant I was chasing my tail a bit.

Still, the original sentiment remains. Good deeds and all that.

curiousyellow
    Free Member

We’ve all been there mate. Once drove 200+ miles to the Quantocks only to realise I’d left my shoes at home. Cue trip to local bike shop for new shoes and pedals!

Glad someone is getting some off roading in the winter, it’s all miserable road miles this way.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Cheers to the bloke who gave me some patches yesterday’ is closed to new replies.