Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Cheerio Roy – Welcome back Kenny.
  • SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Best news I’ve had in a long long time.

bruneep

Kenny?

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Maybes aye, maybes naw.

superfli
    Free Member

Although a massive fan of King Kenny as a player, I’m unsure of his managering abilities, I mean he had a good record as Liverpool manager, but inherited a good team, that were already on a high winning everything. He hasnt done much since.

Fingers crossed, as he has a real tough job ahead of him. I dont want him to ruin his rep 🙁

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Hello Roy Keane? 😆

Hairychested
    Free Member

I’ve already told Elf, Liverpool should ask Gary Neville to manage them next season. At least they’d have a passionate manager who wouldn’t give a rat’s arse about hurting the players’ feelings in needed. Or those of the Kop. And he’d leave defending at Man Utd to the younger lot too.

Jamie
    Free Member

That is a shame.

My mate says Roy was the best thing to happen to Liverpool.

He is an Everton fan though…..

Mackem

You’ll still be shit.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Good luck to whoever comes in. Kenny did a good job first time around, adding Barnes, Beardsley etc to the team and they were a fantastic team to watch. And he won the league with Blackburn didn’t he. But he didn’t do much at Celtic and I think he’s been out of for too long. Keep him with the kids. What is needed is a complete rebuilding job from the ground up, Rapha ruined the club and it’ll take a good man years to repair the damage. Starting with getting rid of the rubbish Benitez bought in, not that they’ll get much for that lot.

Garry_Lager

Ta ra Roy

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHYO3qdFnhg[/video]

Junkyard
    Free Member

not sure king kenny is really the King you all hope he will be I suspect he will be better than Roy but you just dont have theplayers tomount a serious challenge and will have less of the elite ines next season IMHO

mikey3
    Free Member

Man utd 1 Liverpool 3 😀 for tomorrow

Garry_Lager

The scale of the rebuilding job necessary for Liverpool to compete, on and off the pitch, is absolutely massive. Highly doubt NESV have the appetite for it – why should they? Far too much aggravation. They picked up the club for a great price as a virtual repo order.

They can let Kenny get through this season, hopefully with his nervous system still intact, then just appoint someone like Martin O’Neil in with moderate financial backing. They’ll be a top six side, challenge for fourth place every year and NESV will get paid. Stick a new statue of Shanks up on the Anfield Rd to keep the fans happy, show a bit of charity to Stevie and let him wind down his career and they’re set.

the-muffin-man

Kenny is a championship grade manager, so he’ll be the ideal man to guide them next season! 😉

Merak

I feel King Kenny’s had his day as a manager. Should never have got rid of Rapha.

timc
    Free Member

Lets just remember its only till the end of the season!

billybob
    Free Member

I feel King Kenny’s had his day as a manager. Should never have got rid of Rapha.

If he was still there they’d probably be in the same position, but we’d’ve probably had some hilarious press conferences…

binners

Kenny must be insane. He’s a fantastic record as a player and manager. Now he’s going to ruin all that legacy, surveying as he does, a sea of Rafa’s bargain basement mediocrity

I’m looking forward to the perfect start for him. Getting an absolute thumping at Old Trafford 🙂

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

The way I look at it is that Kenny Dalglish is in a no lose situation here. No matter how badly the results go all the responsibility for those results will fall on the players. This is on the basis that if Kenny can’t get them playing then nobody can. Shrewd move by the clubs owners – very shrewd.

Coyote
    Free Member

Didn’t Newcastle do a similar thing with Shearer. Club legend. In charge till the end of the season? Just to steady the boat like and keep them up? Could lightening strike twice?

<crosses fingers>

timc
    Free Member

Newcastle where already doomed when shearer was appointed!

Also Kenny has been a manager & won, so not really the same!

Also point out LFC restructuring behind the scees means we are currently waiting for our new CEO / MD o be appointed, someone who would obviously be involved in the search for a new manager!

Im not sure NESV had to many options tbh

the_lecht_rocks

i heard the john henry interview on r5 live when he bought the club.

worth listening too if it’s still available on the net somewhere……

oh how so very tenuous.

i hope liverpool fans will accept that their team is simply not up to the task and torres looks dis-illusioned….

i wish hodgson had a chance to get through the transfer period and see out the season.

i hope they thrash man u tomorrow tho 🙂

disclaimer – i am NOT a liverpool fan.

Coyote
    Free Member

Also Kenny has been a manager & won, so not really the same!

No, but Shearer has been a pundit and we all know that they have all the answers.

chewkw
    Free Member

If Dalglish can bring back the old fashion one touch pass football then he has a chance but I doubt it since the players might not fit his style of football. Get rid of them all and rebuild is the answer. With the one pass accurate football there is no need to spend gazillion shite on expensive players and still get the job done. However, Dalglish might struggle this time as the players are all playing continental style football shite.

Shearer, yes, he’s like a god in the NE but still unproven so they should appoint him as a proper manager. If he fails, high possibility, then they can remove his god like status. Good as a striker but he is not meant to be a premier league manager yet for at least 10 years. He should start as a manager in division two to prove himself.

If you want to compare Dalglish & Shearer then you need to see in they heydays. As a player Dalglish was an attacking midfield who used to dribble passed opponents with an oversight of the entire game i.e. control the ball & team, while Shearer, a striker, was only waiting for ball to be fed to him and could hardly dribble pass opponents. Remember Ian Rush? Robbie Fowler? John Aldrige? etc, they could hardly dribble.

Let’s see …

p/s: the one touch pass system is more economical on the finance as well …

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Cheerio Roy – Welcome back Kenny.’ is closed to new replies.