Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Cheer me up…
  • makecoldplayhistory
    Free Member

I’m in final exam season for my distance learning degree and had my first exam today.

I sat down, didn’t feel 100% but it felt like a healthy dose of adrenaline. I did the 10 minute read through of the questions (it’s a 3 hour Java exam) and began answering the first question. Next thing I knew, someone was putting me in the recovery position while someone else fanned me as I’d fainted and hit my head on another desk as I went down.

I threw up into a bin for 10 minutes before being helped to the bathroom where I retched for another 45!

I think I’m putting my life on hold for 12 months as I was expecting to do a post grad. to become a teacher starting next academic year.

Bugger and loads of other words we aren’t allowed to use here!

mintimperial

Ooof! Rough luck there. Take it easy, and I’m sure you can sort something out once you feel a bit better. Speak to the course admin people. I’m sure they’ll give you the benefit of the doubt given that you were actually in the exam and clearly properly physically ill.

Here’s a page full of otter gifs. Otters always make me feel happier.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Your not Sean Spicer, remember that at any time

jekkyl

Christ, what happened? nerves causing sickness or a bug?
    either way you’ll get it sorted I’m sure and if you don’t well what’s the worst that could happen!?

makecoldplayhistory
    Free Member

I have no idea what happened. Not sickness as such. Nerves. My wife says it was psyching myself out. It is the subject I’ve struggled with.

Otters do help and I’m also not Spicer. Good to remember.

The worst… waste another year in a job I quite enjoy but is poorly paid. I’m 33. I need to move my life on!

finbar
    Free Member

waste another year in a job I quite enjoy but is poorly paid

That doesn’t sound too bad – I’m sure most people don’t enjoy their jobs AND are poorly paid (or would at least argue they are).

badnewz
    Free Member

This happens ALL the time and you are not going to be penalised because of it.

It happened to me during an exam too, they took me out the room as I knew I was going to faint.

Take each day at a time. If you are worried of it happening again go see the dr and get something to help with the nerves.

nealglover
    Free Member

The worst… waste another year in a job I quite enjoy but is poorly paid. I’m 33. I need to move my life on!

Mate, if that’s the worst bit, then it isn’t too bad.
    A job you like is worth a lot!
    And you are only 33 so it’s hardly time for a mid-life crisis meltdown just yet.

At 33 I had a shit job that I hated AND it was poorly paid 🙂

Now I’ve got a job a really like, not badly paid by any means, but a lot less than I could earn really, but I enjoy my job, and that’s awesome. A lot of people don’t enjoy that luxury at all.

makecoldplayhistory
    Free Member

I guess a job I like is good. Great in fact. It’s incredibly rewarding and if it paid more or I was rich, I’d stick at it.

I actually feel like a weight’s been lifted today. I’ve barely slept for weeks thinking about this one exam whereas the others I know I can pass and probably do reasonably well.

I know it’s a poor idea but when comparing myself with others, everyone I know is a teacher on a good ex-pat package or wealthy and can pay the expensive school fees with spare change.

We live on a tropical island, but realistically, are trapped here until I’m a qualified teacher.

Swings and roundabouts. I know I’ve a huge amount to be grateful for and a few threads on STW remind me so. I have my health, so do my family and we’re happy, fed, housed and don’t live from paycheck to paycheck.

duncancallum

Did you write I am a fish repeatedly before fainting?

[video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dkF7Bj5cxJU[/video]

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Cheer me up…’ is closed to new replies.