• This topic has 16 replies, 16 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by jedi.
Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Cheeky trails you would love to but dare not ride
  • geoffj

I give you Pembroke Coastal Path as a starter. You'd have to have some front to give that a go 😕

wwaswas

most of them are ok at night, ime.

littlegirlbunny
    Free Member

The 108 narrow steps that run between two houses just down the road……mainly cos I think I'll total myself/the bike into someone's fence on the way down.

Stoner
    Free Member

The escalators at Moorgate Tube Station…

No, wait, I've done that 🙂

stevomcd
    Free Member

There is a stunning-looking trail near us. It has over 1000m of continuous singletrack descent. It starts from a high col. There are only 2 ways to the col.

1. Push/ride all the way up the trail.
    2. A much shorter and easier climb/push up the other side of the col. Through a nature reserve. Where bikes are banned. 👿

I hear rumours that it's OK to push your bike in a nature reserve, you just can't ride it. If that's true, said trail might make it onto the itinerary this summer. It does look truly amazing.

Bernaard
    Free Member

Morte Point, near Woolacoombe. Brill

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

the firth court stair gap at sheffield uni, it'd be f****** sick!

thepodge
    Free Member

the firth court stair gap at sheffield uni, it'd be f****** sick!

seen many a BMX rider look at that

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

err nope I've pretty much poached everything worthwhile around here.

steveh

I've seen the firth court stair gap done on a dh bike. I was on it last night and flat landed the bottom set for the first time in a while, will not be rushing to do it again either.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Stoner – Member
    The escalators at Moorgate Tube Station…

No, wait, I've done that

uber-cool!

Living in the Derbyshire Dales, virtually all the decent doorstep riding is cheeky, therefore gets ridden.

Monsal Dale is one that I've done and been confronted on (by Peak Park Ranger), so now gets done at quiet times.

Merchant-Banker
    Free Member

coming down crow-den edge on kinder scout fantastic,although somewhat challenging and about as cheeky as i dare.

V8_shin_print
    Free Member

I have been looking at this lately – the stairs in my office:

what do you reckon? Do-able?

Ambrose

Carmarthen Fans 😳

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

just pick almost any section of the south west coast path, alpine style singletrack (without the elevation) right on our doorstep.

jedi

on a stw street ride years ago i led god knows how many riders down the escalators near the barbican. the security guard had kittens!

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Cheeky trails you would love to but dare not ride’ is closed to new replies.