• This topic has 41 replies, 17 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by hora.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)
  • Cheeky trails- why do we all think its only our own?
  • hora
    Free Member

…as though we found it. No other rider obviously knows about it. As though its virgin territory?

Recent argument where I had my wrists slapped but I pointed out the same cheeky was recently featured in a Boggies ride/with map and photos!

Why does everyone seem to think its never been discovered by someone else?

The need to believe its sacred and only yours??

binners

Its just you. Exclusively. Nobody wants you riding ‘their’ trails. There’s a parallel forum to this, where we all exchange information about trails, cheeky and otherwise, then fall about, laughing like drains, when we see you posing stuff like this on here….

hora
    Free Member

You better ride that slab on the Rivi ride Binners or I’m giving you a Chinese ropeburn!

wwaswas

I’m giving you a Chinese ropeburn

like a normal ropeburn but you inevitably want another one 40 minutes later

binners

Don’t care!!!! I always ride it anyway! Sometimes I even stay upright!

Fancy Llandegla Saturday morning? I can pick you up en route. Early start?

*Applauds wwaswas* 😆

hora
    Free Member

No can do- early start in Peaks. Why not the Peaks? Start at Ladybower..

Sui
    Free Member

hows about those that built them 8)

hora
    Free Member

Different- your blood and sweat. If they aren’t built in existing trails then you’ve a right to hide your hardwork. After all, hardwork has to be maintained if others wear n tear them.

binners

Naaaah! Bored of big hills 😉 Not ridden a trail centre in yonks

chiefgrooveguru

It’s just you and anyone else sufficiently self-obsessed…

hora
    Free Member

…so why did I get paddle-boarded by STW’ers for revealing the precious…

Naaaah! Bored of big hills Not ridden a trail centre in yonks

I’ve got mixed views on Llandegla. I rode it last week. Rode up the long climb- then the footpath-like new red extension, into the forest and into alot of the black thats quite worn with braking bump puddles before every sudden raise or dip.

The new stuff (Julia’s trail?) is great but it needs a bit of maintenance due to (almost) braking bumps. If its been raining- you’ll be frustrated. The parking’s £4.50 now. The food is GREAT though- Jackt with Tuna was spot on.

Would I drive 1hr15? No. 40mins? Yes.

BadlyWiredDog

…as though we found it. No other rider obviously knows about it. As though its virgin territory?

Recent argument where I had my wrists slapped but I pointed out the same cheeky was recently featured in a Boggies ride/with map and photos!

Why does everyone seem to think its never been discovered by someone else?

The need to believe its sacred and only yours??

This would make only very slightly more sense if people really did think that.

Pook

OP entirely missed the point.

I’d explain why, but he won’t listen as he didn’t when couple of us pointed out how dopey he was being in the first place.

sefton
    Free Member

anyone out local tomorrow? looking to get a good amount of miles in.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

“Chinky” rope burn, surely?

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Out of interest Hora, what recent argument about cheek did you get your wrists slapped over? The Birthday X thing the other day?

Pook

it was on email.

emac65
    Free Member

I’ve got mixed views on Llandegla. I rode it last week. Rode up the long climb- then the footpath-like new red extension, into the forest and into alot of the black thats quite worn with braking bump puddles before every sudden raise or dip.

The new stuff (Julia’s trail?) is great but it needs a bit of maintenance due to (almost) braking bumps. If its been raining- you’ll be frustrated

I’ve got one of these fancy new bikes called a MOUNTAIN bike,it goes over bumps n stuff,even gnarly braking bumps with ease………..
    Although not sure if I’d want to be taking it through any puddles & getting it dirty,the butler would have a awful time cleaning it afterwards…….

slowrider
    Free Member

Hora you twonk. It’s fine to share cheeky trails but if you want them to last then you do this in moderation. Take folk on a ride and show them, or let folk find them on a map. Don’t broadcast them all over the net or they quickly become not so cheeky motorways lined with annoyed rangers/ countryside users. As a rule, cheek is midweek, preferably after dark.

It’s a bit like your ‘bully me please’ bike build threads, your need for attention overwhelms what little common sense you might have.

Rant over, see you on the Xmas ride we aren’t telling anyone about over the Internet yeah? 😉

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

hora – im still trying to trace it down on bogtrotters, a year and month would be nice make it a little easier for me 😉

i dont mind telling individuals BTW about cheeky, so longs as big group rides dont go down them etc, its not about ownership its about trying to keep masses off it really to me

Pook

Dave – I’ve already shared the route in question with you.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

pookster! seriously?!?!? im going to scour my emails now, failing that look out for an email!

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

it’s not about ownership its about trying to keep masses off it really to me not to annoy the land owners and other users by promoting indiscriminate use

Pook

+1 buzz

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

well yeah that as well 😉

cant find the email pook! gutting! looks mint on that video, i have an idea in my head where it is, but means nothing without confirmation as ive no idea how to get to it!

thepodge
    Free Member

Then get off your arse and go looking

Pook

:oD

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

cheers podge – friendly as ever 8)

hora
    Free Member

I will reply later. Just finished a ride.

Btw the vid wasnt mine and was posted in a comment to another rider inside an unrelated topic. I didnt like being sworn after it was already too late to ‘take it down now’.

I dug in here and became stubborn. Saying top of Cut throat is hardly its GPS reference/route and you missed my ironic comment that the boggys had it documented and photographed.
    Ive not really ridden at all for the past 2yrs. I am now though.

I suggest some folk should do likewise because Im only going to get fitter and quicker.

Jesus arguing over a footpath.

slowrider
    Free Member

You argument is a mix of “they did it first” and sticking your fingers In your ears and screaming. Not that ironic really, perhaps moronic was what you meant?

hora
    Free Member

No I used that as an example when I said Cut Throat Bridge and was cut down for saying the name/general area which is full of footpaths. Thats when I gave the boggies as an example. Do you think anyone scours forums for a vague description? Off whin/Cut throat is an obvious contender. You need more info to spot the one we are talking about.

Only one person asked for the trail and Ive seen numerous cheeky vids of various obvious cheeky round there.

Give up. Had a great ride last saturday then continual bickering off the back of it.

Pook

its only bickering cos you won’t admit you’re wrong.

edit: and you brought it up again with this thread!

slowrider
    Free Member

I showed you (and others) all the cheek in that vid. You’re the only one sharing it on a public forum. I’ve learned my lesson, shame you haven’t really.

thepodge
    Free Member

You complain that a track is a mess because too many people use it then point more people at it because “everyone knows about it anyway”.

To be honest it wasn’t so much that which cheesed me off it was your stream of petty & juvenile emails that followed me, Chris & now Tom trying to point out that advertising it isn’t going to help the matter. Then today I find out that you’ve taken it one step further by starting a whole thread on the matter yet still missing the point by a country mile.

As I mentioned in my email, its good to know how little you regard the views of your friends.

twang
    Free Member

Chaps, vids removed. time for this thread to die….

slowrider
    Free Member

Pat the vid was fine mate, just Hora linking it on here was a dumb move! That camera looks the bollocks, what is it?

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

goes away to look at paths around cut throat bridge and then onto video and YouTube 😉

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Because I cut it?

thepodge
    Free Member

Gopro I think Tom, chest mounted if I remember correct

twang
    Free Member

yeah gopro tom – now die thread DIE!!! 🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)

The topic ‘Cheeky trails- why do we all think its only our own?’ is closed to new replies.