Viewing 12 posts - 81 through 92 (of 92 total)
  • Cheeky and disrespectful propaganda from the Argies…
  • pingu66
    Free Member

Um no chip on the shoulder at all it is what it is, I think you may find that it is actually called the London Olympics. Its a title. Similarly you are Konabunny not bellend. If I were to call you that mistakenly then you would correct me and I would use the correct name.

Simples, rather than spout tripe accept you made a mistake, or do you not make mistakes? As for the short fuse I think you may see I was pointing out the correct name of the London Olympics and did not resort to calling people pedants or getting xenophobic.

konabunny
    Free Member

I’m not being xenophobic. You should lay off the Brains/Irn Bru/veda, it’s giving you a persecution complex.

So how is “London Olympics” more accurate than “English Olympics” if not all the events are taking place in England and even fewer are taking place in London?

Similarly you are Konabunny not bellend. If I were to call you that mistakenly then you would correct me and I would use the correct name.

There’s no “K” in my screen name. :mrgreen:

pingu66
    Free Member

I didnt say it was an accurate depiction of the event, I agree in the sentiment that it should be the “host” country as it impacts us all from a cost perspective and the events are held at other locations. However it is titled the London Olympics unfortunately.

pingu66
    Free Member

Anyway I am glad we can laugh at ourselves, I would much rather have it as the “English Games” as its a lot more inclusive of the whole polpulation, rathere than the powers that be asking us to all get behind the “London Olympics”.

Junkyard
    Free Member

It is only a lot more inclusive if you are English I think you will find that the team there is British. therefore british may be an even more inclusive /accurate term..London or England still excludes parts of the country…still should help an independence vote to see your arrogance ..if my fat filled arteries can last that long FFFFFFRRRRRRRREEEEEDDDDDDDOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMM etc 😆

pingu66
    Free Member

Valid point Junkyard, but we are made to feel excluded. I love the Scotch Scots and everyone so certainly not excluded in my mind !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 🙂

MrSynthpop
    Free Member

CBA to get involved in the politics but in defence of Brewdog the ‘Sink the Bismarck’ was a jokey riposte to the guys at Schnorschbrau who took the worlds strongest beer title from them stating (jokingly) in their press release that the title belonged in Germany and not Scotland as ‘real men don’t dress as women’ (eg: kilts).

Spitfires advertising was on the other hand knuckle dragging jingoism and that campaign also featured a dash of homophobia as well (‘bandits at six o’clock’ with two moustached men) which put me off Shepherd Neame for life.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Gaels

😕

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

Must have missed the Bus 🙂

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VetuOlwcmqU[/video]

😆

konabunny
    Free Member

I apologise for my low-grade trolling upthread. I am in fact one of those touchy Celts and I was ignorant that Olympics events were taking place outside England (hence the question).

rossi46
    Free Member

Viewing 12 posts - 81 through 92 (of 92 total)

The topic ‘Cheeky and disrespectful propaganda from the Argies…’ is closed to new replies.