Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 92 total)
  • Cheeky and disrespectful propaganda from the Argies…
  • rewski
    Free Member

they won’t let it go

Falklands video

footflaps

Hardly surprising really….

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Here we go again……

[/url] tj-signal by j.buckle, on Flickr[/img]

rewski
    Free Member

Filming without permission and doing exercises on a war memorial, that’ll rattle some cages.

hora
    Free Member

Who cares? Honestly, they don’t have any might so they resort to a few step ups and a jog. Laughable really. I thought south American’s were supposed to be ‘macho’ 😆

Harry_the_Spider

Senor Zylberberg hasn’t got through UK Customs yet.

rewski
    Free Member

Let’s hope so 😆

Harry_the_Spider

I hope there are no ex-Paras on duty that day.

atlaz
    Free Member

They ARE aware that the London Olympics are in London, UK not London, Canada right?

stewartc
    Free Member

I get the impression that there are some Foreign office Sir Humphrey types sitting in a meeting this morning just rolling their eyes.

MSP

Has anyone actually read a paper or watched TV in the build up to a football match against Germany? This is small fry by comparison, of course when we do it, it’s just good honest humour, not the propaganda spouted by those foreign nasty chappies.

enfht
    Free Member

Oh yeah you’re right, we film ourselves limbering up in front of german war memorials dont we.

FFS

Where’s STW’s in-house Marxist/Argie sympathiser, are you there Ernie?

Scamper
    Free Member

Although i’m sure the Islanders feel different, could not give a stuff about a bit of government approved propaganda which makes the Argentinian authorities look just a little silly. However, i hope it was just an accident that the war memorial bit got through the editing and was merely just a moment of poor judgement by those individuals filming.

hora
    Free Member

Are the Argentinians been reduced to Trolls?

Instead of being known for supermarket wine and moo-cows? 😆

stgeorge

Senor Zylberberg hasn’t got through UK Customs yet.

Does anyone?

Junkyard
    Free Member

Here we go again….

what flash pouring scorn but not having the courage or intellectual abilities to engage in the debate and argue his case…i can hardly believe this from STW very own lightweight Tim

I thought the video was quite funny tbh and an excellent way of showing two finger to the colonial power with an amusing slogan to boot…certanly far wittier and imaginative than flash’s lazy repeated plagiarised effort.

flippinheckler
    Free Member

If the Argentinean’s want the Falklands so badly then they can come and get them, oh hang they’ve tried that already.

mogrim

Chatting to the Argentinian guy at work about this, apparently Zylberberg “didn’t know” the video was going to be used for political ends. Now I appreciate that intelligence isn’t a requirement for playing sports, but could anyone really be that stupid? I guess he’s just realised how much of a mistake he’s made, and is beginning to get a little worried about how he might be received when he comes to London this summer…

yunki
    Free Member

It’s probably really really no worse than our ‘don’t mention the war’ ‘allo ‘allo type humour..

get over yourselves

atlaz
    Free Member

showing two finger to the colonial power

Out of interest, and this is a genuine question, what percentage of the Argentine government and population are of native South American ancestry rather than European transplants? I know from my visits to central America that the native people are frequently excluded from the higher social and political strata in favour of ethnic Europeans (admittedly probably there for centuries).

wrecker
    Free Member

Flash is dead on actually, we’ve done this too many times already and the sympathisers are routinely quietened by logic. Quite how argentina can claim that the UK are acting colonially when they have the intention to behave Exactly the same way is hypocritical at best. They’d do well to conserve their energy and keep their loud mouths shut particularly when they don’t have the means to reinforce their words with action.

jon1973
    Free Member

The best way to wind up those involved in the video is not to respond to it. The more worked up people get, the more successful they will feel they’ve been. It’s all pretty juvenile stuff.

awh
    Free Member

It’s all become clear now… HMS Ocean, the air defence systems and fighters aren’t to stop terrorist attacks it’s to stop the Argentinians!

GrahamS

Has anyone actually read a paper or watched TV in the build up to a football match against Germany? This is small fry by comparison, of course when we do it, it’s just good honest humour, not the propaganda spouted by those foreign nasty chappies.

Ed Zackerly.

It’s probably really really no worse than our ‘don’t mention the war’ ‘allo ‘allo type humour..

get over yourselves

Tick!

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

wrecker – Member

Flash is dead on actually, we’ve done this too many times already and the sympathisers are routinely quietened by logic. Quite how argentina can claim that the UK are acting colonially when they have the intention to behave Exactly the same way is hypocritical at best.

Really – its not logic its a total contortion to say so. Laughable claim. Have a read of the various UN resolutions on it.

This one topic brings out jingoistic nonsense from all side but especially the British.

kimbers

wrecker
    Free Member

And what do the resolutions say TJ?

atlaz
    Free Member

well clearly. While we’re focused on defending the Falklands, they’ll slip 40,000 heavily armed “athletes and support staff” into the UK and take over London.

Scamper
    Free Member

They are welcome to London.

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

“La Malvinas son Argentinias” wasn’t it?

wrecker
    Free Member

How long until he realises hes getting nowhere and resorts to banging on about Diego Garcia?

mogrim

They are welcome to London.

Excuse me, they’re looking for a rainy grey windswept landscape that’s basically devoid of life apart from sheep. They can have north Wales.

MSP

I see the bully clique is gathering again.

rewski
    Free Member

@ GrahamS – you might want to cross that tick out, you’re examples are just piffy adverts to tap into the british male consciousness, not in the same league, the video in the op was unauthorised, disrespectful and well made piece of propaganda to stir up the Argentine people, maybe a storm in a tea cup or maybe a catalyst for something far more serious, time will tell.

clubber
    Free Member

I think it’s quite funny actually despite being very much of the view that the Falklands should stay British.

Junkyard
    Free Member

the sympathisers are routinely quietened by logic. Quite how argentina can claim that the UK are acting colonially when they have the intention to behave

i do love it when debates have conflicted views and one side claims victory. quietened by logic my arse …i can get more formal re logic is you wish but really that is just chest beating sillyness.

The resolutions of the UN say it is a colony [ re self determination etc surely you remember this from all the previous threads? perhaps you forgot because you were just dizzy from “winning” the argument with your irrefutable logic and it made you forgetful?

They’d do well to conserve their energy and keep their loud mouths shut particularly when they don’t have the means to reinforce their words with action.

ah right my stick is bigger than your stick so i am right…yes I cant beat that for logic

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/south-american-block-on-falkland-registered-vessels#post-3300853
    EDIT: Link to the resolutions and it is a ernie post so he is here to “bully” in spirit if not in reality

sparkyspice
    Free Member

Keep north Wales and give them the Isle of Sheppy

wrecker
    Free Member

I see the bully clique is gathering again.

Yep
    Junkyard check
    TJ check
    Just waiting on Ernie now

Scamper
    Free Member

Mogrim, think of all that singletrack which will be lost!

Junkyard
    Free Member

defend your view please
    ad hominems add nothing to the debate so why not defeat us with your logic once more?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 92 total)

The topic ‘Cheeky and disrespectful propaganda from the Argies…’ is closed to new replies.