Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)
  • Cheeky after-work ride kit fail :-(
  • IHN

So, I chucked the bike in the van in order to do a cheeky couple of laps of the Croft Trail in Swindon on the way home.

Sitting here, as I am, looking forward to it, I’ve just done a quick mental kit check after hurriedly packing last night. I definately packed boots, lid, glasses, gloves,lights, top, jacket, socks, bike (don’t laugh, it wouldn’t be the first time), (unpadded) tights and (padded) shorts. Oh, hang on. Shorts. Did I? I didn’t, did I. Grrrr…

I guess I may return home walking a bit like John Wayne 🙁

Any takers for rubbing in the Sudocrem? 🙂

richpips
    Free Member

I did a puddly Penmachno in jeans once.

njee20
    Free Member

I did a crit in my boxer shorts once.

RealMan
    Free Member

Trimix
    Free Member

I rode off without my helmet once – only noticed when I had stopped for a pee and couldnt understand why I had taken it off. Then riding around after felt odd.

Still, I didnt die 🙂

missnotax
    Free Member

I’ve ridden off without my Camelbak before (I left it sitting by the car)… Once I realised I had to go back for it, it felt really odd riding without it 😕

I’ve also come very close to driving off with the bike, kit etc in the car, but missing the wheels. It’s a worry….

IHN

Camelbak…. Aaagh, I’ve forgotten my pump and spare tube too 🙁

Still, it’s not a long walk back to the carpark I suppose…

I’ve also come very close to driving off with the bike, kit etc in the car, but missing the wheels. It’s a worry

I once drove the full length of the country (we’re talking Gloucestershire to the Highlands) to do a bike event, only to discover on putting the bike together at the start line that I’d left the front wheel QR at home…

fervouredimage
    Free Member

I went all the way to Bringewood for some DH riding (from Northants) only to realise, once I’d arrived, I’d got everything bar my helmet. Was a nice drive though.

(the spine on that woman on the far right is freaking me out!)

banks
    Free Member

Blonde on the right looks alright

andrewh
    Free Member

I’ve seen people turn at races without the front wheel (nearly did myself once, got 8 miles down the road before I got a call from home asking if I needed the wheel on the lawn)
    Friend of my father was heading up the Lake District to a boat race. 300miles with a 1/2ton 20ft keel boat and associated paraphanalia on a trailer on the back. Got all the way there before he realsied he hadn’t got it.

rhyswilliams3
    Free Member

I got to Llandegla (half hour away) without realising I’d left my shoes at home once. That was annoying

Northwind

IHN- you’ll probably be fine without padding, as long as you’ve got a saddle that fits you halfway decently, and you don’t have a woman’s bottom that’s never been forced twixt two splintered planks to plug a leak

missnotax
    Free Member

Damn you all – I am also off for a cheeky apres-work night ride and i’m now sat here at my desk worrying about what’s NOT currently in the car 👿 😆

Time will tell…..!

xcgb
    Free Member

I one went kayaking at a local weir and on the way thought something was different in the back of the van, No boat! I was hungover though….

njee20
    Free Member

only to discover on putting the bike together at the start line that I’d left the front wheel QR at home…

I’ve lost 4 rear QRs now (having to remove it fully to take the wheel out), and once turned up to a race with no saddle. Forgot my shoes once.

I’m forgetful it seems.

IHN

and you don’t have a woman’s bottom that’s never been forced twixt two splintered planks to plug a leak

Ah, really? Curses.

honourablegeorge

Got to the top of the last climb on New Years Day when someone pointed out that I had no helmet on.

Have forgotten shoes, gloves, and even a rear wheel at different times.

Trimix
    Free Member

My mate left his front wheel QR on the garden wall while loading up his bike 🙂

We loved taking the P out of him for that.

theflatboy
    Free Member

i have a fork mount roof rack and once set off to wales with the front wheel leaning against the back of the car. miraculously this occurred to me when i’d only gone about 2 miles and i returned to find it lying in the road.

lucky really, wouldn’t have been too pleased about being front wheel-less, or replacing it for that reason!

Nobby

Have forgotten many things over the years, some of which involved emergency purchases before riding.

The only one that really annoyed me was having both mine & a mates bike, all our kit & arriving at the start of a ride in plenty of time only to find I’d left the keys to the bike racks at home. 😳

Fortunately, it was only a 30 minute drive (and back).

mactheknife

Once drove an hour on a stunning day to open the boot of my car and realise the maxle was still in the garage after fixing a slow puncture i had noticed.

Another hour home then another hour to get to the back of beyond to start the ride, if it had not been one of those rare stunningly beautiful days i would not have bothered 🙁 gutted was not the word for my feelings that day 🙂

grum
    Free Member

I lost the 20mm Maxle off my Pikes after a bike trip – thought I’d left it behind and ended up buying another one. Weeks later I found it in the well between the windscreen and the bonnet. 😳

SteveBbrain
    Free Member

I went to Gisburn a couple of years ago for a weekend and forgot my spd’s. Fortunately the nice man at the Dog and partridge loaned me a pair of flat pedals which saved me a drive and a spend.

richardk
    Free Member

Never mind padded shorts, don’t you need crotch-less tights for riding in those woods?

joat

Went for a weekend away in The Peak District. Loaded bikes on roof at home, locked them on and took keys inside. Picked keys up and left. Went to take bikes off at Fairhomes and discovered I’d picked the wrong Thule keys up. Carted bikes around on roof for three days and went walking instead.

Northwind

joat – Member

Went for a weekend away in The Peak District. Loaded bikes on roof at home, locked them on and took keys inside. Picked keys up and left. Went to take bikes off at Fairhomes and discovered I’d picked the wrong Thule keys up. Carted bikes around on roof for three days and went walking instead.

I’d have just forced the locks tbh, takes no effort at all with thule. Might break them permanently, might not, but if you do they’re not that expensive to replace barrels anyway.

(also you learn something interesting about how much protection they offer against thieves, ie, none at all)

jamj1974

“fervouredimage – Member
    …the spine on that woman on the far right is freaking me out!”

Not as much as her really long tubular, discoloured, bent left breast freaks me out!

EarlofBarnet
    Free Member

I turned up for a night ride a week or so ago with lights….but forgot batteries. Had charged them night before and left them kitchen. Fail.

BrickMan

I often ride with unpadded shorts, I guess saddle is just spot on as don’t find it a problem.

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

Drove an hour to a trailquest event, no shoes. Wanted an early start. Was fuming, drove home, got shoes, raced back. Got in as last competitor. Sure the adrenalin was flowing and finished 3rd !! Result.

stumpy01

Have driven 60 miles to Thetford before only to find I’d not put my pedals on my cranks (can’t remember why I’d taken them off). Had to buy some cheap pedals from Bikeart).

Mate of mine forgot his saddle & seatpost & ended up buying new ones…

donks
    Free Member

You can get padded shorts!!

kayak23

Me and three mates drove from Brighton to Northampton once to go kayaking at Nene whitewater centre, all four boats tied down on top of an ancient Nissan Micra. It was shut…
    You had to work for your whitewater down south…

Bullet

Nobby – I remember that, was a fairly quick drive back for the keys as I recall 🙂

takisawa2

Got to Cannock one night & had forgotten the keys to the cable lock around the bike & bike rack.

pitchpro2011
    Free Member

yep drove over my front wheel after leaving it against the car. felt sick but after changing the completely wrwcked disk was glad to see the wheel perfect and still is now…… dont listen to broadribbs shit about wheels

dantsw13

I thought the blonde was cute ….. Until I spotted she was wearing Dunlop Green Flash!!

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

Drove to Epping forest once and realised I had forgotten my bike.

lambchop
    Free Member

2 laps of the Croft Trail without padded shorts. Hardcore!!!

kayak23

dantsw13 – Member
    I thought the blonde was cute ….. Until I spotted she was wearing Dunlop Green Flash!!

The Adam Ant thread is down the hall on your left…you can’t miss it.
    😀

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)

The topic ‘Cheeky after-work ride kit fail :-(’ is closed to new replies.