Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • cheddar area hook ups
  • DaddyJim
    Free Member

So now that I’m nicely settled in our new home in axbridge its time to get down to some fun in the hills, is there any regular rides I can tag along with in the near future? Cheers!

coatesy
    Free Member

There always used to be a Mad Cows ride at 6 on a Thursday from The Crown pub (The Batch) in Churchill. Been a long time since I’ve ventured over the bridge, but it was still going last time I spoke to one of the regulars.

rp16v
    Free Member

Go and viset box over at bad ass bikes he has a printed map of local routes and holds a ride from the shop on weeknights heel also never steer u wrong with good quality advice and service

marczr
    Free Member

There’s also the Mendip Mountain Bike Group [ AKA Shipham MTB ] AFAIK they also meet on a Thursday eve, riding out from the Swann at Rowberrow.

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Depending on where you are in Axbridge, you are either 5 or 10 minutes away from off-road.

The bad news is from Axbridge it’s all up some pretty stiff climbs anyway you go!

ifra
    Free Member

There is a group that leaves the swan in roberrow at 8pm on a Thursday and also on a sat at 10am more casual pace same routes, another group goes out at half seven but not sure where from on thursday, bumped into a group from axbridge on a Thursday may be worth while asking in pub or shop in centre

DaddyJim
    Free Member

Thanks all, I bumped into a few peeps on Sunday morning up at the trig on Blackdown that were kind enough to show me a good route back down to cheddar (cheers fella’s!), they happen to meet on Thursday nights at the swan so possibly the same peeps that have already been mentioned. Sounds like the swan seems to be quite a good focal point to meet up and Thursdays are good for me!

Scienceofficer – Member
    The bad news is from Axbridge it’s all up some pretty stiff climbs anyway you go!

Yep found that out pretty quickly quite glad I bought my self a bike with gears recently.

mendippete
    Free Member

There always used to be a Mad Cows ride at 6 on a Thursday from The Crown pub (The Batch) in Churchill. Been a long time since I’ve ventured over the bridge, but it was still going last time I spoke to one of the regulars.

Mad Cow rides are still going, we meet at 6.30pm ride 6.45~7pm, have a look at http://www.Mendiphillscyclingclub.co.uk they ride Tuesdays in the summer meeting at Axbridge layby

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘cheddar area hook ups’ is closed to new replies.