Viewing 6 posts - 81 through 86 (of 86 total)
  • Ched Evans conviction quashed
  • thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Yawn…….

S&M is consensual, 50% (other ratio’s are available if you’re lucky) of the parties involved are masochists.

crankboy
    Free Member

“I still don’t see how the jury could say beyond reasonable doubt he didn’t believe she consented ” The extra factor the jury had that none of us have is they heard Ched tell his own story in his own words twice, first led through it by someone on his side and then challenged by someone exploring it’s truth. The jury heard him and were sure he was lying or totally unreasonable in his beliefs.
    To be fair if I tried to argue my mate sent me a text saying he was with a girl so I naturally assumed because I have got a nice job shed want to have sex with me so I just snuck round and jumped in , people would think my thought process was less than reasonable.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Depends really If he had shown he had done this sort of things numerous times before and it was fairly common practice/has happened in the football world then he may have a better argument.

His thought processes are indeed deeply flawed but the issue is whether he KNEW this not whether we think it- have i got that right actually?
    Have I finally grasped it ?
    Thanks again for the help, even my “opinions” are really questions though i seem to be finally getting it.

BoardinBob

It’s hard to comment on these cases without courting controversy, but when the case was originally heard I remember seeing CCTV footage of the girl at the hotel and she didn’t appear to be as drunk as was believed, at least based on that footage. In addition were there not text messages from her to her friends in the days following saying that this was her chance to “get rich” or words to that effect by selling her story?

No doubting Evans is a sleazebag, and what really amazes me is there is no doubt he had sex with the girl, yet not only is his girlfriend sticking by him, but her rich father is bankrolling his appeal.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Yes that is weird

Rape or not I think i would struggle to stay friends with someone who did that

I cannot think why I would be supporting my son in law in this scenario either.

outofbreath
    Free Member

Another complicating factor is that juries can and have ignored/misunderstood the law in the past and the might have come to the right conclilusion for the wrong reasons or any other combination you care to name. For all we know a single powerful character on the jury took a dislike to Evans and convinced the others. So we can discuss how the jury should have decided this but we have no idea if they considered it that way.

As for standing by son in law, I would. Assuming his daughter is going to stick with him the best thing for his grandchildren and daughter is for Evans to not be guilty.

For all we know sober he might be a cracking guy.

Viewing 6 posts - 81 through 86 (of 86 total)

The topic ‘Ched Evans conviction quashed’ is closed to new replies.