Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Checking pressure….
  • Clobber
    Free Member

Never thought I’d ask this as I’ve always been happy with a quick squeeze of a tyre to check pressure but now I am experimenting with 29er+ 3″ knards and think they are fairly pressure sensitive.

So which gauge to buy for accurate readings from a presta valve (10-15 PSI range) ???

Any offers on?

mrblobby
    Free Member

The Topeak smart head digital gauge works ok for me, though mostly use it for much higher road pressures, and I’ve no idea how accurate it is (though I guess as long as it’s consistent it doesn’t matter that much.)

Trimix
    Free Member

Ive used two track pumps and one Topeak digital thing. I then discovered that my idea of 35 psi on the original track pump was more like 45psi when measured on the other two.

So, there seems to be no standard measure, but you will end up knowing what suits you. Just dont expect one persons 30psi to be your 30psi.

For the record Im now riding about at 30psi with my Topeak.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    ThePinkster

This is the one I use and I’m very impressed with it.

No idea if it’s cheaper anywhere else though.

Clobber
    Free Member

Thanks for your responses, duly noted trimix, it will be used to measure the pressure once I am comfortable that I have the correct pressure in my tyre through riding and then I can repeat…

Pinkster’s looks the cheapest so far…

drofluf
    Free Member

I bought a digital gauge from Halfords for about £15. But with fatter tyres I find it more of a ‘feel’ thing as it’s very dependent on conditions.

EDIT: Just found a link: http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10001&langId=-1&productId=566833&catalogId=10151

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Checking pressure….’ is closed to new replies.