Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 108 total)
  • Check out my new Lamborghini!
  • legend
    Free Member

On the other hand, making a judgement 🙂 sounds like the Lambo had some proper revs on the go, so even if he wasn’t doing silly speeds I’m still gonna guess that he was dicking around. I was also wondering if it could be a rental, too calm a reaction though.

Mostly, guilty due to previously mentioned cap wearing douche-baggery.

/case

Cougar

Don’t the Germans have a word for this kind of thing?

Shadenfreude?

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

From the Daily Mail article on this:

“This car is known in London but I had never seen it before.
    ‘From YouTube videos he enjoys to drive it fast and rev the engine to create exhaust flames.”

“Minutes before the smash, the car was filmed being driven aggressively by its owner.”

thepurist

Don’t the Germans have a word for this kind of thing?

Eichel? (das ist Deutsch für das Ende einer Glocke)

iolo
    Free Member

It doesn’t look like the Lambo was speeding there.
    The engine growl is typical Italian sports car.
    The Mazda was clearly at fault.
    I’m loving some of the comments on this thread along the lines of he had a Lamorghini – serves the guy right. If it as some old biddy in a Clio the comments would be completely different.

legend
    Free Member

Listen to the very very first moment of the video, it’s not the note of a car (Italian sports car or not) bumbling along a city street

rene59
    Free Member

Serves the fanny right!!

D0NK

I’m loving some of the comments on this thread along the lines of he had a Lamorghini – serves the guy right

TBF they were saying “he was wearing a baseball cap backwards serves the guy right” – and they have a point.

Serves the fanny right!!

oh well, as you were

legend
    Free Member

do we think the Maserati GT behind him was just a coincidence?

bigjim

The engine growl is typical Italian sports car.

well it wasn’t exactly idling before it came into view was it, sounds like he slowed down significantly before crashing, so must have been going way too fast before.

D0NK

Trying o think of the words to describe it… Bellends is the best I can come up with

doesn’t quite cover it, enormous giganto bell ends probably still doesn’t quite cover it. What’s with the crowd following them? Can’t believe I managed to watch a whole 2 mins, “I’m shmee make sure you subscribe” no ta, I can see driver twattery every time I ride to work, don’t need a YouTube channel dedicated to it*.

Aaaaaand relax
    🙂

*plus I can hear shit like this every time there is a big wedding on locally and all the pimple faced youths related to the happy couple hire a supercar for the weekend.

edhornby

So a central London street with cars parked on both sides and the Mazda with its wheels virtually on the central line, lambo brakes can’t stop the car that should be doing 25 mph ish to avoid the Mazda? Shared fault claim

chewkw
    Free Member

No share fault claim there. Mazda at fault. The Lambor has the right of way. Fact! You cannot simply creep/cut into the main lane just because you are driving slowly. Doing so means the ones on main lane need to slow down for you which prevent the smooth flowing of the traffic.

Try riding your bike and the car slowly creep in front of you then see if you get piss off with the driver’s action. You can argue that the driver might not see you on your bike but this is a Lambor that is wide and loud.

My driving instructor used to explain to me about this blind spot all the time because I had the habit of creeping into main lane like driving in the far east. i.e. who dares win, where we simply stick our car out to dare you if you are driving slowly.

As for revving the engine loudly is there a law against loud car engine? Are the bureaucrats going into full spin now? Even if you don’t like the loud engine you have to live with it.

🙄

pdw
    Free Member

sounds like he slowed down significantly before crashing, so must have been going way too fast before

This. You can clearly hear the revs dropping before the impact.

chewkw
    Free Member

pdw – Member

sounds like he slowed down significantly before crashing, so must have been going way too fast before

This. You can clearly hear the revs dropping before the impact.

No way you can see a creeping car into main lane. Majority of us do not have the ability to response that quickly even if creeping car is slow. I have car t-bone my small car in the far east where the driver clearly saw me but could do nothing because his mind just froze.

Try watching Youtube on Russian car accidents and then try to see if you can predict what will happen. You will be surprised you cannot see them coming. Sometime drivers just freeze even if they can see the car coming their way.

I like watching Russian/Chinese/rest of the world car crash Youtube. 😀

I don’t see the point of fast car in UK btw as everyone is driving on horse cart lane from by the gone years so what’s the point? You cannot even drive more than 70mph max and my 1.6 Corolla can easily get to 70mph on motorway. On other it’s pointless trying to argue with bureaucrats if you get fine.

footflaps

As for revving the engine loudly is there a law against loud car engine?

Er yes, plenty.

http://www.dft.gov.uk/vca/fcb/cars-and-noise.asp

wobbliscott
    Free Member

It was left hand drive so probably a rich Arab so could pay for the damage to all cars out of his spare pocket change. Anyway it wasn’t his fault so the bill will come from the driver of the other cars insurance. I don’t think the lambo was going that fast. He probably didn’t see the other car and just didn’t hit the brakes at al there was no sound of tyres partially locking up under the abs. Those things are loud anyway, he probably had it in a lower gear than he needed as he was posing and he probably had a fancy exhaust too.

Not I uncommon to see rich Arabs in the cars they’ve flown over to London with people spotting expensive cars in London. London is pretty much wholly owned by rich Arabs after all so they see it as their own playground. It was on Fifth Gear last night funnily enough – see how many expensive super cars you can spot around London and post your tally up on twitbook.

chewkw
    Free Member

footflaps – Member

As for revving the engine loudly is there a law against loud car engine?

Er yes, plenty.

http://www.dft.gov.uk/vca/fcb/cars-and-noise.asp

😆 Surely they past the test otherwise all Italian car makers will go kaput by manufacturing speed monsters. Bloody bureaucrats at work with no common sense. The Lambor is manufactured in Italy hence EU is it not? 🙄

Even an 80s Porsche 911 Targa is bloody loud (by comparison to Subaru boxer engine and this is legal) when you start the engine and as a kid I thought my friend’s uncle Targa had plenty of lose bolts in the engine.

footflaps

Surely they past the test

Probably, but that wasn’t what you asked….

chewkw
    Free Member

footflaps – Member

Surely they past the test

Probably, but that wasn’t what you asked….

😆 The useless noise rules I see. 🙄

I bet there will be new rules soon stating that everyone should not drive in winter without winter tyres.

RustySpanner

Noise is tested at low RPM – 3500 for bikes, iirc, not sure for other vehicles.

Modern vehicles are designed to be quiet at the engine speeds specified in the tests, with ignition timing and exhaust systems engineered to ensure that they pass.

So they can still be loud at full chat.

Daft really, but that’s the law at the mo.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

The useless noise rules I see

Not at all useless in that part of town. The noise levels from the visitors and their cars has reached stupid proportions. That there haven’t been that many accidents is just lucky so far.

shermer75
    Free Member

It was in Sloane St, Knightsbridge. According to this Telegraph article people were filming it because, well, that’s what people seem to do when they see a supercar. My favourite nugget from the article: The actual owner of the car was having lunch with her two daughters at the time. Ouch!

BobaFatt
    Free Member

There are other videos on You Tube of this car, UK plates, making a **** of himself.

According to the Supercars of London YT videos (they posted a before and after) they were “racing” a Maserati – or at least as much as you can race a Masser round London

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Shermer, that end of Sloane Street is in Chelsea. 🙂

Northwind

It looks suspiciously like one of those situations that STW struggles with- 2 parties, both in the wrong.

shermer75
    Free Member

Ah, good to know 🙂

shermer75
    Free Member

or at least as much as you can race a Masser round London

‘There’s only two speeds in London- 100mph and stop’ © Jasper Carrott

andyl
    Free Member

It was in Sloane St, Knightsbridge. According to this Telegraph article people were filming it because, well, that’s what people seem to do when they see a supercar. My favourite nugget from the article: The actual owner of the car was having lunch with her two daughters at the time. Ouch!

That was the BMW owner wasnt it?

Harry_the_Spider

According to the Supercars of London YT videos (they posted a before and after) they were “racing” a Maserati – or at least as much as you can race a Masser round London

The one in the background of the video?

nickjb
    Free Member

Mazda at fault. The Lambor has the right of way. Fact!

except it isn’t a Fact! It is incorrect. He had priority. There is quite a difference.

ninfan
    Free Member

Apparently this is how it was being driven a few minutes before:

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WS_pMzz0UbQ[/video]

coffeeking
    Free Member

Do people seriously reckon that crash was the result of a car doing <30mph?

If you look he hadn’t hit the brakes as he comes into view, he certainly wasn’t skidding (he sounds like he’s going fast but they do by default). If you analyse the video you see he moves about the length of the parked car (about 5.5m) in about 0.4-0.5 seconds, that’s somewhere around 40mph or less (and it clearly looks about that speed).

Car should not have pulled out, Lambo had nowhere to go but should have been able to stop so was probably paying less attention than should have been, but primarily that was caused by the Mazda not looking where it was pulling out.

shermer75
    Free Member

That was the BMW owner wasnt it?

Yep, you’re right! Oops…

bob_summers

Great for the people on the buses. If it weren’t a Lambo involved the cars would’ve been pushed to the kerbs and everything would carry on as normal. And the guys running/cycling behind with video cameras? Not sure why we’ve developed this awe of expensive baubles.

Jamie
    Free Member

I’m a bit curious why so many slack jawed yokels are standing around in the last vid.

DezB
    Free Member

I’m a bit curious why so many slack jawed STWers are debating who is “at fault” in that bloody video!!

coffeeking
    Free Member

I’m a bit curious why so many slack jawed yokels are standing around in the last vid.

It’s a beautiful car that’s been damaged and one that people rarely see, let alone see broken.

I’m a bit curious why so many slack jawed STWers are debating who is “at fault” in that bloody video!!

Because it’s not clear, by any stretch of the imagination, unless you have preconceived notions and an inability to separate them from reality.

footflaps

May I be the first to blame Thatcher?

Jamie
    Free Member

Not if I can blame Hitler first!

/Godwin

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 108 total)

The topic ‘Check out my new Lamborghini!’ is closed to new replies.