Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Check out: Hardtail only Magazine (HTO Mag)
  • hotgospeller
    Free Member

Have a peep at Hardtail Only Mag/BLOG

The online journal of technical mountainbike connoisseurship.

Wit, kit n no bull****, for those who favour skills over kit and aren’t a slave to the industry 😉

Enjoy…

scipio6.wix.com/htomag

njee20
    Free Member

It’s a no from me.

Check your spelling too:

Here at HTO Mag we’re all about the crack.

Unless you actually are drug addicts?

binners

In the first sentence I read, you used the word ‘rig’.

So for that reason…..

I’m out

Jamie
    Free Member

Good luck with the site.

Few typos, but sure it’ll sort itself out.

Oh, and STW doesn’t accept URLs* unless it has the full nonsense before it. So if you want people to have a look, make it clicky, rather than being a C&P job.

http://scipio6.wix.com/htomag

*new forum coming in etc etc

nickc

cool, well done, bookmarked it.

hotgospeller
    Free Member

Cheers all – despite excitement induced spelling mistakes and cocaine references (which might make riding a hardtail down rocks easier)- I’m fairly pleased to have had good feedback from MTB z-list celebrities on twitter @scipiodesigns and growing links with companies like Trail 42 and a snifter of some reviewage with Cotic.

‘Keep it real’ ladies and gentlemen – and if anyone fancies writing a review or short piece as a sound-bight nugget of info, please get in touch!

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Pfffffttttt, you’re all sell outs to the man! Rigid bikes are where it’s real!

mattjg
    Free Member

Am (currently) HTO myself, good on you for having a go.

It needs a way to be followable (RSS or Facebook or whatever) if you want repeat reads.

funkrodent

Like it, good on yer for having the nads to give it a go. Can you be more specific about the type of content that you’re looking for?

warpcow
    Free Member

All the references to “the man”, as tinas puts it, are pretty off-putting. It can seem more like a chip on your shoulder than that you actually have something interesting to say. A quick mention in the “About” section along the lines of ‘keeping it simple and skills-focused in the face of an industry that never stops coming up with something new to buy’ and then leave it. Anybody looking at an HT magazine/website, likely already knows what they’re getting into.

hotgospeller
    Free Member

Superb feedback all – many thanks!

It’s all about the Cr…’fun’ after all (and unless it is your job to ride a push bike full time) the minute it becomes something to get hot under the collar about it probably isn’t that fun any more!

Hopefully, I’ll be able to remove the chip from my shoulder, sell skills, fun and a few tales (rather than industry hype and the need for more and more suspension at the back)and inspire and encourage.

Thanks again all…

fr0sty125
    Free Member

Ok I like hardtails but who would want to ride hardtails only sounds a bit masochistic but a bit wimpy because those guys riding their rigids are the hardcore masochists.

hotgospeller
    Free Member

I think it’s the difference between a zen martial arts expert and a US Marine with night vision goggles and an M16 with grenade launcher…

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Check out: Hardtail only Magazine (HTO Mag)’ is closed to new replies.