Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • cheapo laptop
  • pb2

Is there a “paulsbikes” equivalent in the laptop world,one of my daughters needs a laptop for college and want to keep the price under £350, thnx Paul

TPTcruiser

Ebuyer will have laptops under that price. Decent kit and reasonable power.
    Morgan Computer has cheaper, possibly reconditioned ones, my daughter got a netbook from them, all good.
    EuroPC have refurbished Dell, not sure about their reputation.

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

dabs.com normally have good laptop deals.

Stoner
    Free Member

morgancomputers for refurbs etc.

Can get good spec for the money and many you wouldnt know had been used before.

I get a lot of stuff from them.

currently have some good deals on some refurb Asus laptops. An Acer netbook for £150ish and of course a Samsung chromebook for about £160.

aracer
    Free Member

Also Dell outlet for refurbed Dells.

grahamg
    Free Member

If she doesn’t need MS software, just get any old laptop that someone is giving away simply because it doesn’t have enough grunt for windows 7/8 and install Ubuntu. Mine is 10 years old and still works like a charm thanks to the less demanding OS.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

PCWorld/Currys websites. Look for refurbished laptops.
    Or some old pile of junk, stick Ubuntu and Open Office on it and away you go. Relatively short learning curve and easy to use once you get the hang of it, as well as being less virus/malware prone

pb2

thanks guys,I’m sure one of these willcome good

warton
    Free Member

surely a chromebook is the best option here?

stumpy01

We’ve had a place open up from us on the ind estate that does re-furbed Dell laptops.

It seems that they get laptops from companies, wipe the drives, clean them up a bit and sell them on. Battery life is only checked up to an hour and then turned off, so could be they last for 1hr 5mins, could be they last 3 hrs….

We went over to have a look before Christmas (they were offering a free beer with a flyer that they had given out, if you paid them a visit) and they had some great deals on.
    A colleague of mine bought one of their kits (laptop with docking station, bag, DVD drive etc.) and is well pleased with it. Think it cost him £130.

The website it http://www.taskline.co.uk. I assume they post stuff out…

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘cheapo laptop’ is closed to new replies.