Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Cheap(ish) MTB lights that aren't shit?
  • wrecker
    Free Member

As above, toking for a bar mounted and a helmet mounted light that is bright and unlikely to fail after two rides. What have the collective had success with?
    Thanks!

jonnyboi

If your looking budget get a solarstorm cree from any random seller then swap the battery pack for a decent one from torchy on eBay

MoreCashThanDash

Check out the Alpkit Boson thread 😕

br
    Free Member

£15 on ebay, twin beam Cree’s.

Get two and put the helmet light battery in your pack.

They work fine for me, twice a week.

JAG

You don’t mention a budget. But I have one of these…

The mtbbatteries ‘V2’ XML Light

Reduced to £70 at the moment too 8)

Rorschach
    Free Member

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBOoYPV_nSU[/video]

flaps
    Free Member

I’m also in the cheap twin Solarstorm eBay gang. Think it cost under £20 including a rear light and delivery and has kept me going over the winter. A few mates have them too and we’ve not yet had any charger explosions so all is good.

jaylittle
    Free Member

Also used cree’ s for the last few winters. They’ve been really good. The batteries are just starting to give up a bit now but more than had my monies worth.

dufusdip
    Free Member

Again not sure of budget but for a decent battery life and plenty brightness magicshine f3 eagle feels like hope r8 brightness for 120 on eBay. If they’re still there.

wrecker
    Free Member

Thanks for the rec’s dudes. The V2 XML is right at the top, I don;’t go out too much at night and the magic shine is waaaaaay out there!
    The bosun looks about right for a helmet light, except it doesn’t come with a helmet mount….
    I’ll have a shifty on amazon and t’bay.

Apologies to rorsnatch for the naughties. Forgot myself.

deepreddave
    Free Member

Mtbbatteries were doing the v2 and lumen800 for a package price I think. Fits the bill, quality and safety.

teethgrinder

Evolva x8. Amazon. £40 of self contained awesome.

One on the helmet and one on the bars.

bwstokie
    Free Member

I was recommended the MTB Batteries lights by someone on here so ordered a set a couple of weeks ago. Placed an order for the combo they have on offer (head lamp and bar mounted) @ £145 delivered and I have to say I’m really impressed! Placed the order Monday morning and I had them in my hand by 1 on the Tuesday!

Can’t speak highly enough of the whole transaction and the product is top notch!

deepreddave
    Free Member

@bestokie – happy days.

I thought hard about the evolva but decided the versatility of the lumen 800, size and back up service was preferable.

paulg22
    Free Member

If you want an all in one, I use one of these as a head torch – about £12, but you need an 186550 battery and it fits into the exposure joystick helmet mount

wrecker
    Free Member

I know I said not shit, but I ended up buying a Solarstorm X2 and X3.
    Yes, they will be crap but it gives me an opportunity to see how much night riding I’ll do before I lump out a severe amount of cash on something good.
    At £17-odd each, it’s not the end of the world if they crap out in fairly short order.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Cheap(ish) MTB lights that aren't shit?’ is closed to new replies.