Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Cheapie carbon 29er frames from the Far East
  • honourablegeorge

EBay specials, and the like. Would like a 29er Carbon frame, preferably SS.

What EBay sellers/sites have people here used? Any pics of the bikes? Have they lasted OK?

Also – some sites offering 12K and 3K versions of their frames – what’s the difference?

pushbikerider
    Free Member

Not sure I’d ever be able to pluck up the courage to go for the super cheap eBay specials but buying from one of the established distributors like HongFu, DengFu or GotoBike is a safe bet. (Look for CEN certification for peace of mind).

(Not a 29er but I got a TT frame and wheels from GotoBike: http://www.spanner.org.uk/2011/05/gallery-ws01-carbon-time-trial-frame-and-wheels-from-gotobike/)

But… given the hassle you might find that buying from On-One is easier and a very similar price (I think they’ve got some SS 29er’s in their clearance frames at the moment).

12K and 3K refers to the weave of the (cosmetic) top layer of carbon, 3K is the more familiar ‘carbon’ look with 12K being a much larger checker board effect.

tinsy
    Free Member

I find myself saying this a lot recently, why bother, just get a carbon frame from On One.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    cynic-al
    Free Member

another thread on this recently, worth searching.

steveoath
    Free Member

On One have SS lurchers in sale section at the moment…

I like the yellow one!

allthepies
    Free Member

I’ve got one of the clearance Lurchers (matt lacquer) and it looks great 🙂

njee20
    Free Member

Yep, been discussed a lot lately.

3k carbon vs 12k carbon is the finish – 3k carbon has a ‘tighter’ weave – think Easton seatposts of old. 12k is much ‘fatter’, like older Scott frames. Purely the cosmetic outer layer though.

IMO 3k looks better.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Cheapie carbon 29er frames from the Far East’ is closed to new replies.