Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Cheapest/best value data only SIM card for 3G wi-fi dongle..?
  • househusband
    Free Member

I’ve been using the 3 3month/3gigabyte SIM cards for most of 2013 but it seems that they’ve recent doubled in price from circa £10 to £20 – does this still represent the best value in terms of data and time validity?

I’m not a heavy data user and never even got close to the 3GB over the three months but I do like the nice, long period over which I could use the SIM card.

paulosoxo
    Free Member

Is mobile phone tethering not an option?

househusband
    Free Member

No, unfortunately!

Well – fortunately, my mobile phone is a Blackberry..!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Stoner
    Free Member

hh – Im planning on getting a 3 +12 sim for the year. 12gb, 12m life.
    £70.50 at the moment (i.e.£6pm), although Im going to go into a shop and see if I can get a deal either on the SIM or on a new dongle + 12Gb.

househusband
    Free Member

Cheers, Stoner. Don’t fancy paying that much up front, nor being tied up for that length of time; contract for Blackberry has four months left and after that I’ll be ditching it and getting a phone with which I can tether.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

ovivo – buy sim upfront then 1Gb a month free? No catches, I have their phone sim, its paid for by ads popping up occasionally.

http://www.ovivomobile.com/offer/ovivo-for-data/

househusband
    Free Member

I’ll investigate the ovivo one, looks almost too good to be true – thanks!

scuttler

If you don’t want a contract Giffgaff (runs on O2) databags or even just giffgaff on payg for infrequent use 20p per day up to 20MB I seem to remember.

Looking at your criteria, probably not ideal for you, but your current deal seems a bit steep at £20.

For £21.99 pcm I have one of these from 3. Not ideal for you as it’s a 24 month contract.

It’s a cracking device – connect up to 10 devices and I’ve had up to 12mbs d/l speed when I’ve bothered checking.

I get 15gb data a month for that – ideal for me, as I work away from home, with often shonky Wi-Fi.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Cheapest/best value data only SIM card for 3G wi-fi dongle..?’ is closed to new replies.