Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • cheapest way to hire a car over Christmas?
  • brakes
    Free Member

I need to hire/ have use of a car over the Christmas period from 22nd December until 2nd January. It looks like it’s going to cost about £400.
    Does anyone have any genius ideas as to how I can make this any cheaper?

project
    Free Member

A few companies letyouuse your existing fully comp insurance on one of theuir cars, but your original car is then uninsured.

Also firm like avis and enterprise do special deals for the time over xmas, ring the local offices not the call centres.

Better to have it out on the road, and earning some cash than sitting in the depiot they think.

jota180
    Free Member

have a look at arguscarhire.com
    they’re a broker but usually good pricewise

I take it you’re not something like 21 and living in Toxteth?

russianbob
    Free Member

Are you going to be driving on all those days?

brakes
    Free Member

Are you going to be driving on all those days?

depends how much Christmas spirit I’ve had.

arguscarhire.com has given some curiously cheap results, especially for vans, so I’ll check them out. thanks.

takisawa2

Try a main dealers, I hired a Fiesta for the Xmas period once, & it was pretty cheap, (about £100, but this was 1997(ish). 🙂

butcher

What happens if you rent a van – I’m making the assumption that the van hire trade isn’t very lucrative over the Xmas week?

I’m also assuming a van is adequate for your needs…

peachos
    Free Member

Enterprise

brakes
    Free Member

I’m also assuming a van is adequate for your needs…

unfortunately not. need a vehicle with isofix

Enterprise

bit cheaper, but not the cheapest

vinnyeh

have a look at whipcar.com.

ianpinder
    Free Member

I rented an insignia estate last year for 7 days. £130 due to a special deal over the Xmas period.

brakes
    Free Member

whipcar looks interesting, looks a bit risky though, and do you need a car to share?

ianpinder, who with?

franksinatra

In my experience, car hire places (especially Enterprise are quite open to a bit of haggling.

Go into local branch, tell them what you need and what your budget it and see how you get on

ianpinder
    Free Member

Enterprise

Orange-Crush
    Free Member

You might need to be lucky if you want a van before Christmas as they are generally all hired out to the Royal Mail – I speak from experience.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘cheapest way to hire a car over Christmas?’ is closed to new replies.