Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • cheapest way of getting ms excel
  • supersessions9-2
    Free Member

hello

currently running open office at home but it doesn’t support the macros i need to use, which i made on my work pc on excel.

could do with getting MS excel, what’s the most cost effective way of getting it?

don’t need word or the others but can’t find it packaged on it’s own.

do they do budget home licences or student versions?

jam-bo

i got office for £8 through some work scheme.

edit: Home Use Program.

winston_dog
    Free Member

Have you tried MS Office online?

You could always steal it as well!

freddyg
    Free Member

You can get a student licence if you have kids (software4students.co.uk or something).

Alternatively, does your employer have a “home use scheme”. Mine does, and I got the full Office 2007 suite for about £14 iirc.

supersessions9-2
    Free Member

i’ll look into the employer thing.

student edition is still 70 quid. so not especially cheap.

onlne version doesn’t support macros. 🙁

cynic-al
    Free Member

I got Word for £8 a month

SamB
    Free Member

I’m assuming you can’t just remotely access your work computer? Would save you having to spend money for the luxury of working from home…

IA

Folk are suggestion the home/student versions above: IIRC they don’t support (all) macros etc. So maybe not an option.

Seems to me the best option is to make your employer provide the tools you need to work?

Gary_M
    Free Member

I’m assuming you can’t just remotely access your work computer? Would save you having to spend money for the luxury of working from home…

If he was remotely accessing it the PC he was remotely accessing the files from still won’t open excel.

But yeh employers home use thing would be your cheapest legit way.

Cougar

If he was remotely accessing it the PC he was remotely accessing the files from still won’t open excel.

Depends whether you’re remotely accessing it in a “file share” manner or a “remote control” fashion. VNC or RDP over a VPN would do it, or many, many other options. GoToMyPC, TeamViewer, Citrix, etc etc.

But yeah, if you need to work from home, your company should be providing you with the tools to do that, should they not?

bellerophon
    Free Member

What you need is work to provide you with a laptop you can use at work and home 😉

supersessions9-2
    Free Member

ahem. although it’s a work thing. it’s not the same work as the work i do in the daytime. so they cannot be expected to provide me with the s/ware.

but they are on the home use scheme. which is a winner. 9 quid and i’m happy.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘cheapest way of getting ms excel’ is closed to new replies.