Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Cheapest way into a tapered h/set for std forks?
  • hora
    Free Member

1 1/8 forks so need 44 (?) Semi intergrated headset reducer. Apart from Hope, anyone else? You’d think there would be lots of secondhand ones now!

rob-jackson
    Free Member

Not an on-ned smoothie

hora
    Free Member

Looks like I need the D lower Hope cup. Top cup why cant I use my current King stand 1 1/8 cup? The bottoms hidden anyway.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

What frame

P20

I’ve used the older king top cup on my new frame and just bought a bottom hope cup before. I needed to build it quick and ultimately wanted a full king headset. This was the temporary solution

seavers
    Free Member

I think I might have one of those Mr hora. Been in my spares box for ages and never used. If you want it it’s yours for nowt. Can do a pic for you to see if it’s what you are after. Email in profile.

hora
    Free Member

Ooooo your in leeds?

Going to Peatys DH tomorrow?

Or could post at my cost.

It looks like its a inset/hope.2 integrated 44 headset needed. If if only one of your cups was comptatible it’d save me wasting £28 🙂

seavers
    Free Member

Yep in Leeds, and off to Lee Quarry tomorrow so will miss Peaty, looks ace tho.

I know what I have is a reducer but not sure it’s what you need. Here is a pic….

seavers
    Free Member

Oh.. on reading more I don’t think what I have will work. Sorry to get your hopes up.

hora
    Free Member

Ah agree but I liked your nice offer all the same 🙂

prawny

Don’t nukeproof do one?

Or from googling the same thing yesterday I saw something about a replacement crown race that fit onto a standard steerer to make it fit a tapered bottom

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Superstar on my five. Been using for 18 months with zero maintenance and it’s still spot on.

notmyrealname
    Free Member

You need one of these:

http://www.merlincycles.com/hope-hs136-15-1-1-8-reducer-57832.html

Pop it on the fork steerer then use a 1.5″ crown race and lower bearing and it fits a tapered headset. I’ve used them on a couple of bikes with no issues.

fuzzhead
    Free Member

As above, Superstar do one – 18 months on my bike with no issues.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Cheapest way into a tapered h/set for std forks?’ is closed to new replies.