Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Cheapest SPD shoes out there?
  • bearnecessities

I gave them up many years ago due to (undiagnosed, despite bike fits/fettling) knee pain, but am going to give them a shot again now I’ve changed the type of bike I ride – I’ve got some 520 pedals, but obviously just want the cheapest shoes possible, just so I can try it out.

You all seem well versed in current bargains; any ideas?

(oh, and cheap cleat suggestions would be equally welcome!)

Thanks

carlosg
    Free Member

Aldi? My local had some in stock for about £20ish when I was in the other day.

butcher

Decathlon sell B’twin ones too.

joshvegas
    Free Member

Size?

bearnecessities

Size 10 – Was hoping they’d be available a bit cheaper than on the EVIL 😉 SD site. Might be worth buying some cheapy shimanos; at least they’ll have some resale value.

Either that or maybe trawl ebay from some stinky SH bargains.

Ok, cheers all.

nickdavies

I’ve got a pair of size 10 spesh tahoes somewhere you can have for postage? Bit to small for me no idea where they are but I’ll have a hunt on the weekend if interested?

bearnecessities

Nick, that’s really very kind of you – it sounds ideal! Happy to do that, and if it doesn’t work out on my knees I’ll ensure they’re passed on in equally good spirit.

I’ll drop you an email.

sandboy

Planet X had some for about £20-25, they even had some cheaper than that but only in one size. I got some for the boy for his introduction to SPD’s.

project
    Free Member

Got a pair of the Mudy fox sports direct ones , fit well look good and do th job, also shimano 520 pedals for about 15 quid with cleats.

ceepers

The cheapest dhb ones are good value for £30

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/dhb-m10-mountain-bike-cycling-shoe/

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Cheapest SPD shoes out there?’ is closed to new replies.