Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Cheapest place/best option for 2×10 and clutch mech???
  • AnyExcuseToRide
    Free Member

currently I have 3×9 purely because its an expensive job getting a chain guide for an ibis mojo and using a pretty old xt mech which bashes off the frame on rougher sections so I am thinking an upgrade is in order with my pennies earned over christmas…

So whats best to go for? Sram or Shimano?

I am thinking of going for XT or X9, is it worth it or just go for the basic model or SLX or X7?

And where is cheapest for each?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Wiggle had X9/10 speed shifters and Type 2 Rear Mech cheaper than CRC. All you need after that is a chain I think.

For SRAM x9 minimum which INHO miles ahead of Shimano for feel and action. Missus has SLX on her LTC and its getting swapped out for X9, XT doesn’t feel much better.

AnyExcuseToRide
    Free Member

anyone ever bought anything from this shop???

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Light-Cycle-Shop?_rdc=1

got some cheap shifters!

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I went through 3 SRAM mechs this summer (bent the big CNC’d parralelograms on 2, and x9 jockey wheels spun on bearings of cheese so they were the final straw for the surviving mech), then swapped to shimano and it’s still like new.

9speed SRAM felt good, 10 speed felt kinda like 9s shimano (smooth, but less of the SRAM clunk). Shimano 10s has a satisfying click to it in 10s, a bit like the old SRAM. But that’s personal preference.

bike-dicount.de are almost always the cheapest place by far for mechs.

I’ve got SLX and XT, XT feels a bit nicer, but the SLX shifts just as well.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

the ebay store has only 9 speed

dantsw13

Try Actionsports.de for full groupsets, also Merlin sometimes have good prices

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Cheapest place/best option for 2×10 and clutch mech???’ is closed to new replies.