Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Cheapest place to get inner tubes
  • grannyjone
    Free Member

Anyone know the cheapest place to get inner tubes now that Halfords don’t do the 5 tubes for £10 offer anymore?

I’m still after an average of £2 per tube, even if it means buying 5 or 10 at once.

The Tube type I’m after is 29 presta

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Tubeless

hammyuk
    Free Member

PX – daft cheap to the point they have put a max order limit because shops were buying them in bulk!

midlifecrashes

On one

Edit:38 seconds!

nickjb
    Free Member

Tubeless

How can you convert a non tubeless wheel and tyre to tubeless for less than £2 per wheel?

Normally pick up a few from Decathlon when I’m in. Seems to be a range of prices depending on size but the common sizes are dirt cheap.

Stoner
    Free Member

although they dont have any 29er over 2.125″ in stock

would £3 each brake the bank?
    http://www.innertubeshop.com/collections/mtb-inner-tubes/products/mtb-wide-29-inner-tube-presta

Im tubeless now, but Mrs Stoner’s road bike always needs spares, but a box of 5 with repairs will last 2yrs at least.

grannyjone
    Free Member

I’ve seen some people having loads of hassle with tubeless on ‘group rides’ so its put me off a lot

metcalt

Go Outdoors sell their tubes for £2.99, slightly above your target but worth bearing in mind if you’re struggling to get the price right down.

They’re obviously nothing special but I’ve had my rear one in for a year now and it’s survived Glentress, Dalby, Lee Quarry and the Alps underneath a Hutchinson Squale without a puncture.

Best take a spare this weekend, I’ve cursed myself now.

goldenwonder
    Free Member

Last group ride with us last week:
    20 riders, 7 punctures-all were running tubes.
    Not one person running tubeless had an issue. Added 45 mins to the length of the ride.
    Why not tubeless? I’m not talking ghetto tubeless bodge with insulation tape & a valve cut out of a tube, but gorilla or Stans (Tesa) tape & proper valve, good quality tyres & proper sealant-job done.

grannyjone
    Free Member

Or you could go crazy and get slime ones

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/slime-self-healing-mtb-29er-inner-tube/

Thanks that meets my target of £2 per tube

grannyjone
    Free Member

Never tried those slime ones. Are those slime ones any good for stopping punctures ? Are they heavy ?

djtom
    Free Member

…and on that note, where are the cheapest tubeless valves available at the moment? Seems mad that I can chop a valve out of a tube for £2.50 at decathlon but a valve on its own is the best part of a fiver?

jimdubleyou

Never tried those slime ones. Are those slime ones any good for stopping punctures ? Are they heavy ?

I haven’t pulled the trigger on them for my MTB yet, but use them on commuter with no issues so far.

They are a bit heavier than a normal tube.

twojumpers

Halfords do 5 for £10 on their own brand tubes.

Northwind

If you buy cheap tubes, inflate them at home first, I got a load of “bargain” ones a while back and only half of them were airtight

mountainman

Why not recycle your old ones,or are patches expensive ?

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Cheapest place to get inner tubes’ is closed to new replies.