Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Cheapest place to get forks serviced/travel reduced?
  • NWAlpsJeyerakaBoz
    Free Member

Got a set of RS Recon's which i want to reduce the travel of. Im aware of TFtuned, but they will charge a fair bit just to drop the travel, and its not worth combining it with a service as they havent seen a lot of use.

Does anybody know of a cheaper alternative? My mechanical ability isnt the best so im not going to give it a go/f*ck it up myself….

foxyrider
    Free Member

Locotuning? £70

http://www.locotuning.co.uk

Mintman
    Free Member

Where do you live? Someone local might be willing to help!

Danger-Mouse
    Free Member

Tftuned will charge £15 for the job, £20 if you want them to check and correct the fork oil levels, then just postage on top (if you use their courier its alot cheaper).

Or if you are local to TFtuned, then you can drop the forks in yourself, saving on the postage.

😀

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

it is really very simple but if tft really only charge that much………….

NWAlpsJeyerakaBoz
    Free Member

Didnt realise they were that cheap – i thought i read a while back it was over the £50 mark. Cheers lads – i'll give them a call monday.

foxyrider
    Free Member

Ahh sorry – My was for a full service – Simon at loco tuning is going to charge me £10 for dropping some forks from 120 to 100 – £5 cheaper 😉

Danger-Mouse
    Free Member

I've got them picking mine up on Monday for the exact same job to a new pair of Rev Teams so thats how I found out the price 😀

rOcKeTdOg

Matt's emporium of biking delights? cost a beer and some cake? he's helping me 29er my forks

Dimmadan
    Free Member

TF Tuned at Mayhem. Um nothing 😆

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Cheapest place to get forks serviced/travel reduced?’ is closed to new replies.