Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Cheapest place to buy SLX brakes?
  • captaintomo
    Free Member

Hey does anyone know the cheapest UK based retailer that sells the SLX M675 Brake? It doesn’t have to come with rotors.

Thanks

cyclistm
    Free Member

Get a groupset from merlin and sell the bits you don’t need on here

captaintomo
    Free Member

Would you actually be any better off?

mattrgee
    Free Member

Rose Bikes? Or at least it was.

Edit! Not UK.

captaintomo
    Free Member

Yeh i have looked at rose bikes however they sell the brakes with the levers swapped which would mean i’d have to switch them. Not sure on how to do that!

captaintomo
    Free Member

How much do you think i could get for a brand new groupset as listed above from merlin but without the brakes?

Sorry for my nooby ness. Im 17 and don’t wan’t to risk all my limited moneysss haha

rOcKeTdOg

got mine from tweeks
    http://www.tweekscycles.com/components/disc-brakes/shimano-slx-m675-disc-brake

cheaper than CRC, not compared against anywhere else

captaintomo
    Free Member

Thanks for that rocketdog. I think ill just get them from rose bikes even though originally i said i wouldn’t. I might as well learn how to swap the hoses anyway eh.

I like the idea of buying the groupset then selling the rest on but it might take a while to completely sell everything.

Cheers guys

rOcKeTdOg

there’s a couple of vids on youtube that do step by step guide to swapping hose’s on shimano brakes, have a search

captaintomo
    Free Member

Will do! Thanks for the help peeps

theraggyone
    Free Member

How about xt brakes for not much more

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=67208

gaberin
    Free Member

Just get them from rosebikes, it is very easy to swap the levers over- takes a few minutes and doesn’t require bleeding them.

Also don’t forget £10 voucher if you like them on Facebook.

tymbian
    Free Member

Why swap them over? I ride with the rear on the right…always thought it was normal. Probs a throwback from my bmx days. One brake ( Rear ) on the right.

MrTall
    Free Member

I’m looking at a set of these at the moment and i think Rose are slightly cheaper but out of stock for around 6 weeks.

Merlin are £75 an end and 3% off with Quidco.

captaintomo
    Free Member

Tymbian, I really wouldn’t like to have them reversed as im sure i would just go OTH.

MrTall, yeh they are out of stock but I can’t buy them at the moment anyway as I need to get some funds together! 🙂

Gaberin, Thanks for that money saving tip! Every little helps

unovolo
    Free Member

Not bought any brakes ,but I can definetly recommend Rose Bikes.
    Just had my first order with them,received within 2 days of them being despatched(Had UK orders from other companies take much longer)got a free gym bag thing and also 10%off with the facebook likey.

Regards the 10% off,it did not show at checkout but does show on my receipt and via bank,just make sure you paste the code into the comments section as well.

belugabob
    Free Member

Captaintomo,

I wouldn’t worry about buying brakes with the levers the wrong way round as you would have to shorten hoses on a UK set, so It’s just as easy to swap them at the same time.
    The worst thing that can happen is that you learn to bleed brakes – and that’s not a bad thing.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Cheapest place to buy SLX brakes?’ is closed to new replies.