Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Cheapest place to buy a powerball
  • RealMan
    Free Member

Cheapest I've found so far is around £18 for the 250Hz one with a rev meter thing?

iain1775
    Free Member

Amazon and amazon sellers had lots of various ones cheaspest round christmas time. Might be worth a try

RealMan
    Free Member

Good call, saved me a couple of quid. Cheers.

ahwiles
    Free Member

why would you want one? – all they're really good for is causing / irritating RSI*.

get a piece of broom handle, about 2m of string, and a 2Kg weight.

stand up, arms in front, and twist the broom handle to raise/lower the weight.

but you won't get a funky digital readout telling you how fast you went.

(* they're also good in the pub, get your mates drunk and competitive, take photos of the resulting facial contortions, use them for black mail)

Garry_Lager

Anyone used one long term and can say if they're actually any good? I have one and it was fun for about 5 mins (after I'd worked out how to get it going) then it went back in the box.

wavydave
    Free Member

real man

was given one as a corporate gift a while back. sat doing nothing at the mo. if i can find it it's yours if you want it FOC.

mail in profile

benji_allen
    Free Member

I used to use one when I did a lot of climbing. It did help, but they don't last that long if used a lot. Broke a couple and haven't bothered since.

samuri
    Free Member

lol. You guys have no idea. Powerballs aren't for strengthening your wrists!

Powerballs have three functions.

1. Showing up people who think they're dead butch but actually have wrists of spaghetti. (I could write a thesis on this to be honest. Some guys may present the impression of being fairly tough by following certain fashion and behavioural rules, the powerball soon sorts the wheat from the chaff in that particular arena. I've seen it a hundred times)

2. Making people think you're knocking a quick one out under the desk.

3. Fame, admiration and desire. If you can get it moving past 14000 rpm, men want to be you, women want to be with you. It's that simple.

stumpy01

The hospital I went to for physio after breaking my hand had a powerball for strengthening purposes after certain injuries.

I got one but don't use it regularly. If buying another one I'd go for one without a display & leds as I find them annoying.

Swiftacular
    Free Member

Thanks samuri, I want one now.

FuzzyWuzzy

Bought one, used it for less than 5 minutes every day, after 2 weeks my wrist was shagged and I couldn't ride for another 2 weeks. Put Powerball back in box and bought a couple cheap spring grip things from Tesco. Much better but usually forget to use them :p

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Cheapest place to buy a powerball’ is closed to new replies.