Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Cheapest place for road gear?
  • tails
    Free Member

i want to buy a a small block (cassette) and a shortcage rear mech when i get a job, do all levels of road gear still come in 9 speed.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

Ribble, CRC, Parkers, Probikekit

You can get new-old-stock Ultegra, and possibly DA too, in 9, if you're on Shimano. The latest stuff is obviously 10, so I'd stock up if I were you.

clicky

Bream
    Free Member

Is this for a DH bike or road, if DH then I run a DA small block 9 with a short cage X0 rear mech, works perfectly. If road then what he said ^^^ 😆

sockpuppet

try merlin too

tails
    Free Member

hi its for a trail bike just going one times nine and think I'll try small range of gears as coming from SS, going to stick with shimano as already have shifter and I prefer to keep to either all sram or all shimano. thanks i'll have a look. is ultegra notably better than 105?

njee20
    Free Member

105 is just 9 normal sprockets, whilst Ultegra is on a spider, like XT/XTR, means it weighs far less. Considering they're not particularly expensive I'd be looking to go Ultegra.

I'm confused why Bream would recommend a DA cassette for a DH bike, but not for a commuter bike!?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Cheapest place for road gear?’ is closed to new replies.