Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Cheapest place for micro SD card?
  • Onzadog
    Free Member

As above really. Anyone know of cheap reliable places that don’t crop up near the top of a google search? Looking for a 32G if I can find a nice price.

Cheers.

Stuuey

try amazon and 7dayshop, they are my first two ports of call then do a Google product search. Make sure you get the fastest speed for the device.
    Not much kit that will take a 32GB card, windows will probably need a driver update to read it too.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

I got a TF 32gb sdhc micro card from ebay for £12.

Load of shite. Can’t get past 5gig of stuff before the phone spitsit out. Oh well worth a punt.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Amazon.

retro83
    Free Member

As above I wouldn’t go for the cheapest possible. Get one from play or somewhere from a brand name manufacturer.

I got an allegedly ‘class 6’ card from ebay, and to be fair, for two days it did give about 5-6mb/sec. As soon as I’d put about 2 gig on it though, it slowed to only writing about 100k/s, making it entirely useless for recording video with. I stuck it in my phone and now it takes minutes just to copy a few songs across. Crap, and obviously the seller is unresponsive.

Onzadog
    Free Member

I just noticed that Scan Disc don’t seem to offer the 32g in anything about a class 2. Still, guess that’s more than enough for a mobile phone.

simonlovell999
    Free Member

For a 32gb your looking around £70-£80. A 16gb would be around £30.

http://www.mobymemory.com/micro-SD.asp

Cougar

Last time I bought an SD card it was from MemoryBits. Couldn’t fault the service.

Not much kit that will take a 32GB card, windows will probably need a driver update to read it too.

I don’t know about a driver update, but there’s a Windows update. The ID string on the SD that reports the size is longer on 32Gb cards, and a lot of things don’t read it properly. I think the update appears on Windows Update, but it might be on the Optional downloads list rather than the Important ones.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Cheapest place for micro SD card?’ is closed to new replies.